Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
341 - 360 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,937 Posts
Well done!!

You got to speak up. Don't sit back and suffer in silence like a lot imply you have to. Its not so. Let them know!!

You're registered as well important for down the road I am sure.

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 4 SE (XTR in US)
45 Posts
I had the same issue, dealt with the dealer and they installed a Brand New tranny last week!

*Edit, for the record (at least on my Rmax) this is not a wind rattle, loose intake tubes, gravel hitting the undercarriage, E brake adjustment, fuel line, coolant pipe/hose etc. I completed any and all internet fixes without luck. This issue is specific to heat when the tranny reaches temp. We were able to replicate the noise on Gravel, Highway & with the unit jacked up off of the ground.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same issue, dealt with the dealer and they installed a Brand New tranny last week!

*Edit, for the record (at least on my Rmax) this is not a wind rattle, loose intake tubes, gravel hitting the undercarriage, E brake adjustment, fuel line, coolant pipe/hose etc. I completed any and all internet fixes without luck. This issue is specific to heat when the tranny reaches temp. We were able to replicate the noise on Gravel, Highway & with the unit jacked up off of the ground.
Did they give you any idea of what the actual problem was? Obviously internal to the transmission, but wondering if they know how the heat is resulting in the noise we're hearing.

I've ruled out all the potential fixes as well. Once I hit 190 degrees and 28 mph it's click, click, click.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did they give you any idea of what the actual problem was? Obviously internal to the transmission, but wondering if they know how the heat is resulting in the noise we're hearing.

I've ruled out all the potential fixes as well. Once I hit 190 degrees and 28 mph it's click, click, click.
No they haven't, but they did instruct the dealer to check for play in the Secondary Shaft, (most likely this bearing everyone has been talking about) and for the tranny to be sent back in complete condition. Mine was the same as yours, hits temp and speed, starts making the noise!!

Reactions: wall_EyeRider

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
No they haven't, but they did instruct the dealer to check for play in the Secondary Shaft, (most likely this bearing everyone has been talking about) and for the tranny to be sent back in complete condition. Mine was the same as yours, hits temp and speed, starts making the noise!!
Have you got any miles on the new tranny to see if you still get the noise?
Also, how many miles were on the machine when they replaced it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well done!!

You got to speak up. Don't sit back and suffer in silence like a lot imply you have to. Its not so. Let them know!!

You're registered as well important for down the road I am sure.

Now I’m beginning to worry. Have the same problem starting at 28 mph. I’ve been told that there is no problem with the tranny. Therefore, they won’t do anything about it. So I accept their diagnosis. NOW WHAT🤔

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have you got any miles on the new tranny to see if you still get the noise?
Also, how many miles were on the machine when they replaced it?
I haven’t put any miles on it yet, I hope to this weekend or later this week. 940kms. So 580 miles roughly.

Reactions: Budro2

·
Registered
45 Posts
I too would like to know if the new tranny has the same. Clicking noise🤔
I’ll update as soon as I get to Temp and Speed fellas!

·
Registered
32 Posts
How many miles did you have on the machine when they did the repair?

I got over 2k on mine and its been clicking since new, Wonder how to get it fixed under the YES warrantee.

·
Registered
45 Posts
How many miles did you have on the machine when they did the repair?

I got over 2k on mine and its been clicking since new, Wonder how to get it fixed under the YES warrantee.
580 Miles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello everyone, I own an RMAX. I would like to know if you have a knocking noise while driving, in the front section. The noise is especially present at mid-speed, between 55 km / h and 80 km / h. It makes a knocking noise, as if two pieces are banging together, it makes “CLOC CLOC”. No need to drive on a rough road, the noise is also present on an asphalt road. Whether I'm in 2WD or 4WD, it doesn't make a difference. It's not the winch tie either, because I put a rubber tip. These aren't the heat sheids either, because there aren't any in the front section, only in the back section. The noise has been present since my first test drive. For example, I can drive at a constant speed, 60 km / h, and the noise is continuous. Did anyone experience this same problem and did you find a way to fix it? Also, often, while driving at a constant speed, around 70 km / h, I feel a rumble in the transmission.
Thank You
Alex
Did you ever find the source of that noise?🤔
My 2022 does it too😪

·
Registered
45 Posts
I haven’t put any miles on it yet, I hope to this weekend or later this week. 940kms. So 580 miles roughly.
I was able to get some miles on the unit yesterday and we did not here the noise at all. I tried the sweet speed spots and nothing. So for now I’ll say that did the trick! I’ll update again when I go riding next time!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Figured out how to stop the clicking noise. I just sold the machine. Can’t hear it anymore now.
HAHAHA, The next poor bastard is gonna be on here trying to figure it out! lol

Reactions: Hahny
341 - 360 of 360 Posts