Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
261 - 264 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
551 Posts
In theory: If it takes 7 clicks to set your ebrake, you should be able to drive around with the ebrake set at 3-4 clicks. If the noise disappears, than you know what the cause is.
Now, in practice: that's another thing. ;)

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
In theory: If it takes 7 clicks to set your ebrake, you should be able to drive around with the ebrake set at 3-4 clicks. If the noise disappears, than you know what the cause is.
Now, in practice: that's another thing. ;)
You would have to bypass or disconnect the alarm. It’s so loud that you wouldn’t know if you have the other noise or not.

• Haha
Reactions: DirtRoadWarrior

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Checked my ebrake, 7 clicks to hold and it doesn't hold it tight. It's been that way since new. Mine doesn't start making the noise until about 25-30 mph so on a brew cruise I don't hear it at all. I've already checked and tightened everything down that I can so the brake adjustment will be next. Sure sounds like it's in the drive train though.
Hopefully its the e brake. 3 clicks and it should be somewhat stiff to get to the third. Good luck!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Several years ago we had a Kawasaki Teryx SXS that had a similar noise, found out it was belt slap and clutch/sheave mis-adjustment that worked against each other, that drove me nuts. Kawasaki would not fix it, said it was not a problem. So the Teryx went to live with someone else. I like the ideas presented by some that the E-brake components are rattling when left too loose and can be adjusted to be tighter when not actually engaged. And it could just be noise from several sources, depending on your machine!

261 - 264 of 264 Posts