Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to ask if any of you have used a KN 204 or KN 303 filter on your machine yet?

I did a cross reference check online and both filters come up compatible with the yamaha filter for the wolvy: 5gh-13440-50-00

Im not a huge K&N fan but I can get a discount on them from work..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would probably stay away from any aftermarket filters, not saying anything against k&n. Most of the time its better to stay away from the "super duper" aftermarket things of this sort. And I will be the first to tell you I really haven't dug into the yamaha filter but, certain engines or designed to run specific filters (anti-drain valve, certain flow rates, micron size, ect. So i would be a little weary of any other the oem. Even if it filters better, what is that doing for flow? Not saying they make a bad product, just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Almost 100% of the automotive, truck, heavy truck, & agricultural filter market is aftermarket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
While you are correct Roadymi, They are aftermarket produced to oem specs, just like the engines,diffs,ect on our wolverines. Not all aftermarket filters are designed equal nor meet oem specs.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I understand.........it's just that your statement and I quote......"I would probably stay away from any aftermarket filters" is pretty broad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts