Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to ask if any of you have used a KN 204 or KN 303 filter on your machine yet?

I did a cross reference check online and both filters come up compatible with the yamaha filter for the wolvy: 5gh-13440-50-00

Im not a huge K&N fan but I can get a discount on them from work..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would probably stay away from any aftermarket filters, not saying anything against k&n. Most of the time its better to stay away from the "super duper" aftermarket things of this sort. And I will be the first to tell you I really haven't dug into the yamaha filter but, certain engines or designed to run specific filters (anti-drain valve, certain flow rates, micron size, ect. So i would be a little weary of any other the oem. Even if it filters better, what is that doing for flow? Not saying they make a bad product, just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Almost 100% of the automotive, truck, heavy truck, & agricultural filter market is aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I understand.........it's just that your statement and I quote......"I would probably stay away from any aftermarket filters" is pretty broad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.