Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine X4 XTR
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to see what some of ya'll are running with your kiddos. My daughter has been in side by sides since she was 18 months old and is now going on 6yo and is a trail addict lol.
I had a really nice setup in my RZR for her and want to do something similar in the X4, the back seats are going to be tricky....

Right now I have carried over her utv booster seat to the X4 but she's only using the oem seatbelt, I'm thinking a 4pt harness is in order. I took the floorboard out saturday to see what I was working with for mounting tabs and it looks like Yamaha uses a very narrow slot for the seat belt bracket... I'm thinking an extension piece? I have no idea what to do for the back.

Dragonfire Racing Grab Bar Extension | MotoSport (Legacy URL)

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
LOVE seeing mini humans getting into off-roading! Mine are addicted as well, hence why we now have a 4 seater on the way too!

I would look into keeping that booster, and doing a 4 point harness for her. I can tell from the photos her safety is your priority as it should be :)

These machines are still pretty new, but i believe a fellow member on here did a modification for his small humans as well. I think a bench seat? He's got a build thread. let me see if i can find it for you

Reactions: Mad Dog_037

·
Registered
349 Posts
found it!

Reactions: Bill_B

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
My 5 year old is in a booster seat. My 8 year old can fit the regular seat ok. I really like window nets for them though. I recommend adding some if you can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh wow, now that is a sick setup! I didn't realize UTVMA has a bench for these, I may be calling them this afternoon, this will help with the little little one too who isn't quite there yet but loves going for rides around the yard lol.

It's so much more enjoyable when the kids are in to it... sure you aren't blasting stuff at 50-60mph, but then again I don't ride like that much anymore anyways lol.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
You'll be happy. I was nervous always telling them to lean in a duck their heads. The ride is much more enjoyable when you don't have to worry about them getting smacked by something. The nets also boosted my youngest confidence a lot. I think she was scared she was going to fall out with out them.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
401 Posts
My nieces aged 4 & 6 are riding addicts, hence why I sold the X2 and now have the Rmax4, I don't have booster seats for them, may go with 4 point harnesses but for now besides helmets I have installed grab handles for them and also may put up netting for the rear doors.
They are well aware of the safety precautions when they get in because I go over it with them each time before I even crank the motor for a ride and besides I'm carrying precious cargo so no "Hold my Beer" moments.
I have taught them not to fear adventure but to respect it!

·
Registered
2021 X4
195 Posts
This was the first mod I did to my 2021 X4, my 3 year old loves it and calls it his couch

·
Registered
498 Posts
My little one will be 2 this coming riding season. We ride around the yard so far. I'm hoping to do a car seat. Has any one gone the car seat route as she is so small still? Defiantly going to do a window net too. I have an X2 by the way.

we had a little fun 2 weeks ago made a giant sled out of a air mattress. Took the whole family and the neighbor kids around.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My little one will be 2 this coming riding season. We ride around the yard so far. I'm hoping to do a car seat. Has any one gone the car seat route as she is so small still? Defiantly going to do a window net too. I have an X2 by the way.

we had a little fun 2 weeks ago made a giant sled out of a air mattress. Took the whole family and the neighbor kids around. View attachment 92756
we do the same with snow tubes. we live on a small private drive. Kiddos love it and you don't need to go fast either!

Reactions: Mad Dog_037

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This was the first mod I did to my 2021 X4, my 3 year old loves it and calls it his couch
He looks pretty darn cozy lol. How difficult is it to remove the seat base (not the frame) for access to the center console, my littlest will only ride at the local national forest due to age restrictions which will only be a handful of times a year.

we had a little fun 2 weeks ago made a giant sled out of a air mattress. Took the whole family and the neighbor kids around.
LOL!! that's awesome I dragged my daughters on their sleds with my quad and I got cold long before they did lol. I too was trying to rig up something for the back seat (that didn't involve ratchet straps) with an old car seat she had. I removed the rear seat back/base and rigged something up temporary to the frame of the seat. Disclaimer: this is for on our property under 12mph so please don't flame me lol, my kids safety is of the highest priority to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 X4
195 Posts
We do a carseat in the back for his twin sister, they flop around a lot so we have to run an extra ratchet strap through it, the center console is useless with the utvma bump seat, that's the only drawback, so I bought a utvma rack bag to make up for it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
He looks pretty darn cozy lol. How difficult is it to remove the seat base (not the frame) for access to the center console, my littlest will only ride at the local national forest due to age restrictions which will only be a handful of times a year.

LOL!! that's awesome I dragged my daughters on their sleds with my quad and I got cold long before they did lol. I too was trying to rig up something for the back seat (that didn't involve ratchet straps) with an old car seat she had. I removed the rear seat back/base and rigged something up temporary to the frame of the seat. Disclaimer: this is for on our property under 12mph so please don't flame me lol, my kids safety is of the highest priority to me.
no flaming at all. you are taking proper steps for the safety of the minions, and THAT is what is important. Getting them out and enjoying the riding experience and used to everything and MAKING MEMORIES is what this whole sport is about.

I'm exploring every avenue to ensure my kiddos will be safe before we ride anywhere other that on our lot (just like you are). You're doing good and giving ideas for other guys :)

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
89 Posts

we had a little fun 2 weeks ago made a giant sled out of a air mattress. Took the whole family and the neighbor kids around. View attachment 92756
In the X4 I do both a front and rear facing car seat setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 RMax4, Poly Windshield
27 Posts
You'll be happy. I was nervous always telling them to lean in a duck their heads. The ride is much more enjoyable when you don't have to worry about them getting smacked by something. The nets also boosted my youngest confidence a lot. I think she was scared she was going to fall out with out them.
How is the view looking out through the nets? I have seen their product before, but just curious if the little will be missing much visually.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I'm using different nets. Mine are more of the stock car type. A little heavier duty. Our trails have some bigger limbs so I wanted something a little more robust.

·
Registered
2018 X4
1 Posts
I just ordered the UTVMA rear bench seat yesterday. It looks really nicely built and the 4 point harnesses will be nice for trail riding. I just bought my X4 2 weeks ago and my kids and the neighbor kids already love it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts