Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster here. I picked up my Wolverine R-Spec EPS the day after Thanksgiving, and i have been loving it. I got the dealer to throw in the bigger brush guard for it. I wasn't planning on doing much other than a winch, but I came across a brand new set of tires and wheels for dirt cheap on craigslist. Well, I caught the upgrade bug, and since then, I have been adding on to it (at my wife's distress). The pics were all taken throughout the build process, so they may seem a little jumbled. The pic of it on the trailer is right after purchase!

List of upgrades so far:
Yamaha Front Brush Guard
20" LED Light Bar (Wired to come on with high beams)
Phillips Diamond Vision Headlight Bulbs (5000K)
4500 LB Winch w/ KFI winch mount
LED Reverse Lights (Used a rocker switch for turn on)
Rear-View Mirror
28" Swamp Lites on STI HD Wheels
Yamaha Wind Deflector

Coming soon (Wife permitting): Yamaha Storage Box

Let me know if you have any questions, and I can expand a little more about how I did some of the mods. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Looking nice!!! Does your wife know how much all those mods cost? I just tell mine...." Oh it wasn't to bad, got on sale"
What they don't know won't hurt them. :confused: They're probably sharper than we give them credit for though............

Reactions: All out

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks great, K Evans.....I'm picking mine up next weekend with a bunch of upgrades. I'll definately post pics

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
looking good. just picked mine up to. waiting for stuff to come in. sliming the tires today. just got the bumper on last night. first pic is at the dealer. second at a buddies to take for test run. third new bumper. IMG_1623.jpg IMG_1625.jpg IMG_1632.jpg

Reactions: k_evans

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster here. I picked up my Wolverine R-Spec EPS the day after Thanksgiving, and i have been loving it.
List of upgrades so far:
Yamaha Front Brush Guard
20" LED Light Bar (Wired to come on with high beams)
Phillips Diamond Vision Headlight Bulbs (5000K)
4500 LB Winch w/ KFI winch mount
LED Reverse Lights (Used a rocker switch for turn on)
Rear-View Mirror
28" Swamp Lites on STI HD Wheels
Yamaha Wind Deflector
looking good. just picked mine up to. waiting for stuff to come in. sliming the tires today. just got the bumper on last night. first pic is at the dealer. second at a buddies to take for test run. third new bumper
Nice rigs guys! Please add a signature block so we can all see which Wolverine you have and your accessory/build list. This helps the rest of us know what you've done so far and what works for you or doesn't work.

Again, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking nice!!! Does your wife know how much all those mods cost? I just tell mine...." Oh it wasn't to bad, got on sale"
I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but my wife never really notices upgrades unless i point them out lol. She is pretty oblivious to it. She couldn't tell the difference between the stock and aftermarket wheels and tires. Poor girl.

Reactions: atkbike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: atkbike

·
Banned
420 Posts
Are they plug n play ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you find those headlight bulbs much brighter than the oem ones. I also like the way you mounted your light bar I was going to use a piece of aluminum flat bar to stiffen the roof up from the underside but those mounts look pretty stiff

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my thoughts exactly
Meh, I may run the lights for 10 minutes at the most riding to the deer stand in the early AM. Most of my riding is done during the day. I will let you guys know if I have any issues though. The thought honestly didn't even cross my mind when I bought them lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
are the reverse lights bright enough to make difference?
They work perfect for what I am using them for. It's enough light that I can see what I am doing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my thoughts exactly
So, yeah, don't use the headlight bulbs I put in mine. Went on a ride today that ended up rolling over a few hours into dark. After about 2 hours of running my headlights, I thought I would check the housings to see how they were doing. They didn't like the 55w bulbs at all. The reflectors were all bubbled up and starting to melt. Good thing I kept my stock bulbs -_-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts