Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from vermont. just sold my tracked grizzly and want to get the wolverine. been reading the post for a bit. thought i would join. talked to the dealer and says he has not sold any yet but did have a blue eps one on the lot.

·
Registered
211 Posts
What part of Vermont are you from? If your close to Bennington, make the trip over to Troy City Garage in Troy, NY. The usually have the best prices around.
I used to snowmobile over there on the VAST system, and was wondering if you have something similar for ATV's?
Did you used to take you tracked grizzly on the VAST system?
If I could ride my wolverine on the VAST trails I would definitely buy a track kit.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not many atv trails here in vermont. if i trailer about 15 minutes i can ride a little over 100 miles. the atv trail system here is all broken up into small sections. can't ride the vast trail system with any atv's i built a drag for the grizzly and groomed the connector trail and to the corner store from my house. used to be big into snowmobiling. i averaged 5000 miles a year on them. the side by side would be for our camp in parishville ny. and the atv trails here. used the grizzly with tracks for grooming and ice fishing.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
getting excited. picking up the wolverine tomorrow. got a ton of accessories ordered. will be a project in the making. light bar up front and rear lights, dome light, air horn, contra v lighted switches, pdm 60, 3500b pro vantage winch, wind deflector, fenders, emp rear bumper, roof gun rack, rear view mirror. so far thats whats orders. probably more to come. gonna take some time to get everything installed. good thing it winter but should be ready for spring. will be ordering tires and wheels, and probably amp front bumper too. think i might have to try and enlist bigbuck. for running wires. hahaha. yours looks good and thanks for all the pics and ideas.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMG_1623.jpg
just picked it up today. first one the dealer has sold. he did sell a yxz 1000 already though. it was special ordered.

Reactions: BigBuck

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome to the club. You won't be disappointed. Do yourself a favor.....
If you plan on doing your own service which is 200 miles or ten hours, buy your self one of these.
It is very difficult to get the oil in the differentials. The hole is about the size of a drinking straw.

Fluid transfer pump

s-l500.jpg

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the heads up bigbuck. just got all the warnings off of it. was pretty well lawyered up.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You had mentioned that you used to ride a lot of snowmobile miles. I use my quad around the house and camp, but there are not very many places around where you can go on long rides like you can with a sled. I don't know if you have heard about it, but New Hampshire has an awesome trail system (ride the wilds) that is equivalent to your VAST system but for quads. We went up this year and rode for two days and rented a cabin for a pretty good price. It is in the middle of nowhere and they have all of these old log roads that you can cruise down at 40-50 mph. 1000's of miles of trails, and the towns let you ride your quad right down main street. Its crazy in Berlin. There are side by sides all over the place riding through town mixed in with traffic. It was 4.5 hours for me to get there and I am 45 minutes east of Bennington so maybe it would be much closer for you. Thought you may be interested, check out the links below.

NH Grand : Trail Map

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice. have not ridden in NH yet but have heard they have great trails. if you ever go again give me a heads up and maybe we could hook up.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
want to do the mount washington ride this year.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just look berlin is just over 2 hour from me

·
Registered
211 Posts
You can find lodging up there on HomeAway.com. There are a lot of cabin and hotel rentals on the trail system up there, but they seem pricey. We rented a house on the water for cheaper then a hotel.
There seems to be a lot up by Pittsburg, but it is over five hours for me so we stayed down in Errol. Pretty remote. They have still have a payphone in the middle of town that people were using and the whole town closes down at 8pm.
It is just really good riding up there and they have a variety of different trails. I personally don't care about mudding and like cruising through the woods. I like being able to ride all day and not see the same place twice. Bear and Moose all over.
We came around a corner and about a 400lb bear ran right in front of the machine.

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p246861vb?flspusage=fl

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow thats nice. not much of a mudder either. i like to cruise. but also some technical trail / put putin

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
man you got all the good info

1 - 15 of 15 Posts