Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's what the folks in da UP call us south of the bridge. How many other Michiganders on this site?

My current ride is a 660 Grizzly and I just hit the big 50, so............. I mentioned a SxS to the better half. Her only condition was that she would like a new pink camo helmet. Done!!!!!! Easy peazy!!!!!!

My research over the last couple of months has led me right back to where I started. Could not find a reason to leave the Yamaha nameplate. So it appears there is a new RSpec EPS in my near future.

Wolverineforums.com now goes on my favorites list right next to GrizzlyCentral .com

Looking forward to exchanging info with you all and hopefully riding with those that might be nearby. We live in Ingham County and have land in Crawford County.

U ready?
I'm ready!
Let's ride!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Michigander trolls welcome here! hahaha My story is just like yours, turned 50, rode a pair a Grizzly's and moved to a Wolverine for this year....and she just got a new helmet too!

Reactions: ConcDr

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Michigander. I live just N of you in Gratiot County & we have property in Wexford county. My wife isn't into riding but a buddy and I bought matching Rspecs in Nov. I've since converted my Wolverine into Spartacus due to College Alumni loyalty issues. See my build thread. We ride wherever we can find a legal trail. St Helens area, Camp Grayling, Lincoln Hills & Little Manistee Routes are some of the places we frequent. We are heading to WV as soon as it warms up a bit down there. We've put close to 300 miles on here this winter on the trails. But if we're going to drive that far we want a little more comfortable temps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our camp is near Pere Cheney a few miles east of Camp Grayling. I'll keep in touch so we can hit some trails together. Been to WV on a whitewater rafting trip, beautiful area. First trip there?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Our camp is near Pere Cheney a few miles east of Camp Grayling. I'll keep in touch so we can hit some trails together. Been to WV on a whitewater rafting trip, beautiful area. First trip there?
Yes our first trip out of state trail riding. Going to Hatfield & McCoy trail system. We have friends that have been down there with raving reviews.

Reactions: Ryder and ConcDr

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
We normally park at the truck stop at 4 mile when we ride camp grayling. Looks like there is a lot of trails maybe seasonal roads? just to the east of you. Are those all open to riding?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, there are a lot of seasonal roads to ride. We just bought the property this past summer so we still have a lot of exploring yet to do. We met a neighbor that has ridden atv and snowmobiles in that area for 30+ years. I'll let you you know what we find when we ride to the east.

Do you use the MI-Hunt maps online? You can overlay atv trails and routes, elevations and public property lines.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I use my Garmin nuvi with a SD card from http://VVmapping.com 40 bucks and well worth it if you have a garmin (only manufacturer they support). They have all of the ORV Routes, ATV trails, MCCT motorcycle trails, And legal county roads individually color coded.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just checked out both of those products. It seems there are more than one version of the Nuvi. Do you recall which model you have?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I have a Garmin nuvi 1490 That I bought because of it's routing capabilities for my old job. The VVmapping SD card will work in any color Garmin that accepts the SD cards from some handhelds up to the biggest and baddest mobile units.

Reactions: ConcDr

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,421 Posts
That's what the folks in da UP call us south of the bridge. How many other Michiganders on this site?

My current ride is a 660 Grizzly and I just hit the big 50, so............. I mentioned a SxS to the better half. Her only condition was that she would like a new pink camo helmet. Done!!!!!! Easy peazy!!!!!!

My research over the last couple of months has led me right back to where I started. Could not find a reason to leave the Yamaha nameplate. So it appears there is a new RSpec EPS in my near future.

Wolverineforums.com now goes on my favorites list right next to GrizzlyCentral .com

Looking forward to exchanging info with you all and hopefully riding with those that might be nearby. We live in Ingham County and have land in Crawford County.

U ready?
I'm ready!
Let's ride!!!!!
Hey ConcDr,

I just saw your post. Nice to see another Michigander on this forum. And yes, I'm a troll too! I live in Oakland County, have a place in Ogemaw County and my Dad lives in Chippewa County (in Da' UP). So I spend some time in Da' UP w/ my new Wolvie. It's quite a machine. I luv it up der, eh!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts