Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am literally on the verge of buying another sxs any day. I'm deathly afraid to buy 1 and then them drop a new badass model. Like a big cc wolverine. Even though I know this isn't happening, I'm still hesitant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ya dude i feel the same way. that being said i did take my uncles 2016 r spec for a ride on the weekend. floated over downed trees way better than my rzr 800. and power wise in the trails it had plenty. only time it runs outta legs is if your on the road trying to race. i think i might pull the trigger on one as well...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I absolutely love my wolverine. It is literally the best non race trail rig on the market in my opinion. The only other bike I'd even consider would be the 1000s, and again only if I was really interested in racing it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yamaha+Wolvarine = peice of mind go any were all that extreme comfort and not insane 25$k..... I couldn't be more happy with the wolvi. Guys around always working on thier Polaris junk or its back at fighting with the cheeses dealers. I fully adjusted my preload to max firm. Then soften my rebound and compression 2- under standard. And this thing Rails in the Dunns and desert trails. My buddies 1000 Rzr has a hard time keeping up in most trail situations. It's just not as nimble as the wolvi.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yamaha should have a bad ass low speed mud machine with a 1000 cc 3 cylinder engine. I sold my wolverine to get the Honda Pioneer 1000. The seats and suspension is not nearly as good as the Wolverine but its got lots of power and the 6 speed auto trans. Can-Am announces on June 1st, Honda and Polaris in July.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yamaha should have a bad ass low speed mud machine with a 1000 cc 3 cylinder engine. I sold my wolverine to get the Honda Pioneer 1000. The seats and suspension is not nearly as good as the Wolverine but its got lots of power and the 6 speed auto trans. Can-Am announces on June 1st, Honda and Polaris in July.
What do you think the chances are of a Eastern trail riding more powerful Wolverine-ish SXS with manual option transmission are?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am all in favor of sticking a 1000 cc in the Wolverine put the CVT tranny in it and you would have something . But what will most probably happen is fix some of the bugs from the first year model , and add a few features that were needed .

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am also waiting for the next release... Yamaha so far went to extreme with the wolverine and the YXZ...the YXZ is the most pure sport out there and the wolverine is the most off road atv in the market.. this doesn't make some big sellers since it is specialized.. So someting in the middle would be an homerun in my book...something like the General

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.