Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yesterday I completed adding the Rymco street legal kit, Garmin Montana GPS install, and Yamaha rear trunk. The Rymco install was a giant pain in the butt. It works cools but it sucked. directions are good for diagram but nothing as far as layout of wires or mounting locations and the amount of disassembly required to install it. The Yamaha storage box was really simple, lots of reaming out the wholes and a ton of hand torque to install the knobs though. i also had to readjust the hard enclosure for it to fit properly. still not what i would call perfect. I should probably add some pics or it didnt happen. I will try t IMG_2033.JPG o get some more pics today.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
A couple pics of the garmin Montana gps install and ryco light kit, tusk fire extinguisher Mount and Yamaha rear storage box.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Good looking machine dude.
Ride On !

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Because i am a sick man i document this stuff.. just in case someone else wants to be as stupid as me.. here is the costs of the build so far. sad part is I have another $5000 on the wish list still. im in process of installing the lift kit today. hope to finish it today with pics.
x4 costs.png

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,113 Posts
OMG

Just get out and drive it. If its raining that hard I don't go out at all for one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
OMG

Just get out and drive it. If its raining that hard I don't go out at all for one.
I wish it was that simple. I ride the dirt roads by my house but that’s not really riding. I’m 4 hours away from any trails. I’m jealous of all who get to ride from their homes. That’s why I have a toy hauler and need it to be street legal. I can’t ride from most camp grounds without being street legal and then some natzi campground owners still won’t let you from them, like many KOA’s. Unfortunately it takes a lot of planning with my family and work to get everyone packed up and go away for a while.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
my new assault industries (yamaha) mirrors. IMG_2055.JPG solid bracket for the install. doesnt vibrate and holds in place well. difficult to adjust the passenger side though! :) Where is my power fold in mirrors option!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I wish it was that simple. I ride the dirt roads by my house but that’s not really riding. I’m 4 hours away from any trails. I’m jealous of all who get to ride from their homes. That’s why I have a toy hauler and need it to be street legal. I can’t ride from most camp grounds without being street legal and then some natzi campground owners still won’t let you from them, like many KOA’s. Unfortunately it takes a lot of planning with my family and work to get everyone packed up and go away for a while.
know this issue all too well. I'm on the west side of the mitten and it isn't any better over here. Most of our riding is on private land in newaygo county. There are some ORV friendly campgrounds in the Atlanta/Wolverine Area (think Burt Lake). I know of one state camp ground in the UP (Muskellonge State park) that also allows you to ride in and out with your ORV regardless of being street legal or not.

Your ride looks good and my wife and i are in the same boat about getting the 4 seater for the kiddos :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I added front and rear Yamaha fog lights this week. The rear fog light did not plug into the rear reverse light plug that is in the rear side panel. It’s a straight power to battery and a on and off switch. Obviously same for front. I mounted lights to front plastic bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
i forgot to add that i also put on the 2" lift. i gained about 1 7/8" height increase. it seems like a small number but makes a noticeable difference in stance. i doesnt look like a golf cart anymore. is almost 14" of ground clearance now. very respectable number.

Reactions: BubbaJo

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Update pictures with lift kit and lights and mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I added Garmin Montana 750i GPS to go with Montana 680t. both installed using Ram mounts and hardwired to power from battery.

Reactions: BubbaJo and Paul65

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The ride is excellent with the lift. No issues. 30’s would not fit. Nothing bigger than a 28.

·
Registered
2021 X4
179 Posts
I need your exact seating configuration! I'm glad to see someone else did the back seat and middle front

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The front middle seat has been great. It is awesome to have my 2 1/2 year old next to me while out riding. She really enjoys the view she gets and her sitting next to daddy makes her feel very safe. I also have no worries about any mud or sticks or rocks coming in to hit her. Especially with a full wind shield. The rear seat is nice also but if you don’t need the middle seat it’s obviously a waste. And i would only use the middle seat to put a small child or car seat in it. In addition the booster pad they sell works great for kids to get the harness at the correct height.

Reactions: Skeans1

·
Registered
2020 X2 XT-R 850
102 Posts
Because i am a sick man i document this stuff.. just in case someone else wants to be as stupid as me.. here is the costs of the build so far. sad part is I have another $5000 on the wish list still. im in process of installing the lift kit today. hope to finish it today with pics.
View attachment 86912
...I guess I'm a sick man also!
When people tell me they have "about" xxx amount of $$$ into their rig, I usually add about another 25% just because in my mind I know how much I think I have into my own rig(s)...but my spreadsheets keep me honest, and it's surprising how much more it actually is! Nice to see others are OCD just like me!

Anyway, VERY NICE build! I just got a 2020 X2 XT-R and so far I've done the Street Legal Kit (Ryco), Mirrors, Front hard windshield (Alpha), Factory Yamaha Back Window, Yamaha Rear bumper (trying to colormatch the bronze color), Cargo Box (expensive but nice) and the Perfex 2" lift kit for the front only. I may end up getting the rear later, but had to consider the height inside my toy hauler, but didn't like the golf cart stance. Still waiting on lots of this stuff to arrive and haven't got my plate yet either...looking forward to putting some miles on this thing. We loved the old Rhino and so far this machine is night and day compared to that!
I'll post up a build thread once it's done. (Is it ever done?)
Randy

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Mission accomplished! I was able to get my license plate today for the Wolverine. It's officially street legal vehicle. :) 🤸‍♂️ Finally the freedom to camp wherever I want and be able to ride to trails, gas, food, state parks, or even go kayaking\canoeing. Its going to make vacations with the family way more fun for everyone..

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
I've really enjoyed your build thread, Jesse. Thanks for sharing!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts