Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 RMAX2 1000 XT-R
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a plow for my new RMAX2 and I've been doing a lot of research on options. I've always had Cycle County rigs for my other machines, but apparently CC is gone or was bought out.

I want a mount that doesn't require skid plate removal along with minimual loss of ground clearance. I live in an area where it can be 50 degrees one day and a great day to trail ride, and the next day we have a foot of snow to plow.

The OEM / Warn mount seems to fit the bill with the exception of a ridiculous price tag ($300 +) . I like the KFI system and it seems like the mounting system is what I'm after, but I haven't been able to find any good pictures to confirm that.

If anyone has pictures of the KFI mount on a RMAX2, I'd appreciate seeing how it attaches. Or, other recommendations that have "my ideal" mounting system are appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I have looked into this. I like the KFI Polly and the Denali. The Denali is probably what I would buy. The only thing I don’t understand is why it’s taller on the one side. You don’t always plow with the blade tilted the same direction. I think you can also get the power or hydraulic angle for a extra 800$. If you have the money there is v plows up over 3000$ seams unnecessary for a driveway. Looks like you already have a winch. That will save money.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the KFI poly one. It works great but be aware the rivnut they use in the frame mount is a weak point- KFI plow brackets Looks like maybe they changed the design already. I had to have mine welded with a nut on top. I do take the mount off in the summer. It doesn't drop down much but I didn't want to take the chance of taking a big hit and bending or breaking an ear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Denali on my 2021 it says the mount will not fit my new 2022 rmax 4 and the new bracket is arriving winter 2022. The Denali plow is very well built and heavy duty and the moum
nt goes over the skid plate.

·
Registered
2022 Rmax 2 Limited Edition
69 Posts
I have the Denali Pro on my ‘22 Rmax 2.

I had issues with the mounting plate, but eventually got it on. I do have issues with the plow folding over and the springs not pulling it back. So I still have mixed feelings on this plow. It was installed per the instructions…and the springs are now at max tension and the problem persists.

I have the electric over hydraulic power angle. That feature is worth every penny.

I did have to add supplemental lighting, because with the plow raised it blocks the Rmax factory lights. Makes plowing in the dark useless…and dangerous.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
After looking at all the consumer reviews I would buy the KFI steel 72” plow the Polly one is a bit taller but I am thinking if I wanted to push dirt it stones steel would be best. I am not worried about rust my neighbors moose plow has been setting outside for almost 30 years now. Looks good yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered mine on Friday and it was 15% off the mount that fits the 22 is done only needs to be painted then ready to ship out this week. I have the same plow on my 2021 and the mount was a tight fit but it is a heavy duty plow. I do not have issues with the springs. Ordered the hydro turn with the new one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I installed a KFI last weekend. Minimal loss of ground clearance. The mount also comes off by removing 4 bolts. You should be able to remove it in 5 min, and reinstall in 10 min. I can get pictures of the mount tomorrow. I went with the 72” steel blade. Seems well made.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I need a plow for my new RMAX2 and I've been doing a lot of research on options. I've always had Cycle County rigs for my other machines, but apparently CC is gone or was bought out.

I want a mount that doesn't require skid plate removal along with minimual loss of ground clearance. I live in an area where it can be 50 degrees one day and a great day to trail ride, and the next day we have a foot of snow to plow.

The OEM / Warn mount seems to fit the bill with the exception of a ridiculous price tag ($300 +) . I like the KFI system and it seems like the mounting system is what I'm after, but I haven't been able to find any good pictures to confirm that.

If anyone has pictures of the KFI mount on a RMAX2, I'd appreciate seeing how it attaches. Or, other recommendations that have "my ideal" mounting system are appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!
Mounting bracket for KFI plow.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts