Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to order ITP Hurricanes from RM ATV, but they did have an option for them under Wolverine R Spec. I had to change my vehicle option to YXZ1000. are the 14" hurricanes going to work on my wolverine? I have seen them on R Specs on this forum, there is a you tube video that put them on a R Spec, but yet RM ATV doesn't suggest them for R Spec. Any feedback would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got an email back from RM ATV saying the rims will work fine. Yea, I have my rims chosen, now what tires do I get?

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How are the blackwaters in hard pack at high speed? Worrying about smooth ride at 35-45 mph. did you notice any power lose. I had my heart set on 26", but they only do 27" for 14" rims. It's between OG bighorns and blackwaters.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Love the ITP Blackwaters. They ride great.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
How are the blackwaters in hard pack at high speed? Worrying about smooth ride at 35-45 mph. did you notice any power lose. I had my heart set on 26", but they only do 27" for 14" rims. It's between OG bighorns and blackwaters.
To be perfectly honest, on hardpack or asphalt at that speed mine definitely exhibit some shake. Not bad, but it's noticeable, especially vs. stock. Now, I have 28"x10"x12" all four corners, so maybe the size makes it more noticeable. Now, part of it too may be the fact that it is an 8ply rated tire, which is why I picked it. It is going to be stronger than the bighorn, which I believe is only offered in 6-ply. I shredded a sidewall on my 6-ply zillas the first time out on them when I had them on the wolverine, which is why I went to 8ply. If you want a smooth ride throughout, the bighorn may be the way to go. If you want ultimate durability, I would go with the blackwater.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've actually been thinking about switching to Blackwaters myself. Gonna have to save up some $$$ because when I go bigger on tires I'm also gonna do lift, sheave, and PCV all at the same time.

·
Registered
718 Posts
When going to the 27" is all the mechanic work necessary?
I don't think so, but if I go bigger I'm going to 28s. I was looking this evening and for my pipe dream to happen, I'll have to find a new place to live with a bigger garage door. I only have a couple inches of head room now. Well crap!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts