Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a wolverine a week ago, based in part on Yahama's reputation for reliability. For some reason, I thought it had a 3 year warranty, but it is just 6 months. The dealer offered me the option to extend the warranty from 12 to 48 months (from about $360 to $720 depending on the length of warranty extension). On the one hand, this is a new model without much of a track record. On the other hand, most of what seems to fail on other machines like belts and so forth are likely to be considered wear parts and no covered. So, what's your opinion. I have until the end of the 6 month warranty period to make up my mind. This is my first side by side of any brand. I put 80 miles of rough trail this weekend and it performed well I thought. I could feel vibration from the single piston, and the larger polaris rzr's seem to have better low end acceleration. Suspension and ground clearance seemed superb.

Thx,
Dan

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
I just called my Yamaha dealer and will likely be adding the 48 month to mine. While I haven't had any real concerns besides the radiator's vulnerability, which I'm partly to blame from filling it with mud. Just to me with it being a new model I think I'll feel safer having it for the small added cost

·
Registered
575 Posts
The finance guy, which I know figured it into the note for me before I got there. Modding won't eliminate the factory warranty, but it will put holes in it is what he told me.The extend warranty, I'm not sure what company it's from will basically cover everything.. Regardless..

Said he had a guy come in with a grizzly 700 on 30in tires with a blown transfer case.

All he paid was the $25 deductible..

I was SOLD! LOL

Only thing not covered is wear items and maintenance items, belts, brakes, oil etc

·
Registered
575 Posts
Another selling point for me was it's the first year run..So who knows if there will be any bugs. The socks are fantastic but I'm not sure they can be rebuilt like fox socks.. So for years if one goes out it well be replaced for $25.. Normal shocks I wouldn't care about, I'd upgrade, these probably won't need to be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts