Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several motorcycles and a 700 Kodiak insured through Progressive, the X2 XT-R was on there until it was sold...been with them since about 2002.

Progressive just added the RMAX2 LE on my policy, 12 months, full coverage, $500 deductible, $3,000 accessory coverage...

$75 per year...guys I am stunned...

Reactions: Jimbo and Budro2

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nope, there it is..."Premium Change" is $75...12 months is $157...that doesn't sound as incorrect...but still cheap!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not bad at all. I was quoted $440 and about threw up...I locked it in and then started looking and found $208 so I got that...same coverage as yours.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yes, looks like anything under $300.00 a year is a good deal. $267.00 here from Geico, same coverage.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sounds right, I just got a quote yesterday. $131.00 year Allstate

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm gonna have to shop around. Similar coverages and deductible and the RMAX4 is $486 a year. The X4 was only $172 a year. I'll be calling around.

·
Registered
2021 X4 - Super ATV windshield- UTVMA bump seat-
96 Posts
I'm paying $600 ish a year through geico, its the least I was quoted, and its for trash coverage.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm paying $600 ish a year through geico, its the least I was quoted, and its for trash coverage.
This should not be. Mine through Geico is $267.00 a year.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Also Ihave 4 cars insured with them, multi car discount, and employer discounts may be the difference......

·
Registered
2021 X4 - Super ATV windshield- UTVMA bump seat-
96 Posts
Also Ihave 4 cars insured with them, multi car discount, and employer discounts may be the difference......
Yea supposedly im getting the multi car discount because I have several other things with them, I think location could play a part too, I think its all a scam.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
One of the things I believe the insurance industry may be doing, is recognizing the road miles these machines are doing. If you make yours street legal and inform your insurance company, I bet it will stir the pot lol. Possibly if you know your agent well, he may enter your unit in a category to save you some premium money, but if there is a road accident then the fan may get turned on! My homeowner's policy covers mine if i only ride on my property. Off property keys it to another category and then licensed would key it into yet another category. Just $.02
Edit: you might want to read the fine print of your policy, specifically exclusions of coverage to see what they will not pay on......

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm gonna have to shop around. Similar coverages and deductible and the RMAX4 is $486 a year. The X4 was only $172 a year. I'll be calling around.
Progressive quoted me $326 a year. Called my local agent and just like that, they were able to come down. Insurance is nuts. If they could do that from the begging, then they should have since they have, without me having to get quotes from other companies.

Shop around folks. Its worth your time.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
180 Posts
Been with Progressive for quite awhile now, I have the same coverage on my Rmax4 XTR that was on the 2019 X2 R-Spec SE and only paying $253.00 for the year, but then again I have other toys and my RV insured by them as well.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's about the same as the 2020 XTR I had, wonder why the RMAX is cheaper?

Been with Progressive for quite awhile now, I have the same coverage on my Rmax4 XTR that was on the 2019 X2 R-Spec SE and only paying $253.00 for the year, but then again I have other toys and my RV insured by them as well.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I could have gone as low as $75 a year with progressive but that was pretty minimum coverage. After rolling a couple of SXS, I wanted all occupants to be very well covered as well as accessories.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts