Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish the aftermarket companies would get with it, I am SO tired of getting caked with mud and water.. The outside latch covered in mud... good god:mad:

Reactions: Kirk57 and All out

·
Registered
367 Posts
Here is what we should do.

Companies are not interested in making things for the wolverine because they don't think the sales are there.

This has worked in the past but won't say it will work now.

You need to organize a email blitz to one company such as pro armour or bling star. Not a patition cus they will see 50 guys and thibk that's it. Make a point of starting a thread on here that tells everyone here that wants doors to email said company. And not to mention the forum .. just a constant stream of emails from many different users asking about doors. The more they feel there is a market the more they will provide a product. Make sure to inform them that these doors will fit vikings as well maybe start a post similar to here on a viking forum ... if the email reader is just smart enough while being not to smart they will put a bug in someone's ear about how he keeps receiving countless emails about rspec viking doors ... my 2 cents

·
Registered
385 Posts
I talked to Pro Armor last week still no plans in works for wolverine's . I couldn't agree with you more trev..:cool:

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
The main complaint with the doors is the handles. They get full of mud and latches stick.

While this sucks I can't blame the aftermarket for not jumping into making doors for the wolverine. They run a business. You have time and money into R&D and production. After all that you still need to make a profit because people don't go into business to lose money. I think the market will get there, but more units have to sell first.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree also Trev... I had to hold by door for the better part of a ride the yesterday.. it was stuck and it wouldn't latch till i found a creek and dumped water on the latch and slammed it over and over..
I have aftermarket wheels that set the front wheels out like 1" farther out than stock. Jesus! the mud. I looked into the factory mud flaps, they suck!

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
I just looked and the Viking and the wolverine have the same doors. Not sure how the roll bar shapes match up. Anyone check it out?

·
Registered
367 Posts
So let's get this rolling ... no BS ... no fighting ... opinions welcome... but keep it to the point ... what door company should we target ... is it better to target a big company or small company ... once we have a base idea I will start a thread to get the emails rolling ... no door size bullshit ... no door color comments .. no opinions on shape how they latch hight length width .. just what company to start

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
maybe the door issue should be directed to Yamaha themselves as they are the ones that are building them,to me it is just not a mud issue,but a safety issue as well with the doors not latching and lack of protection. if they are not aware of it they won't fix it.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
My .02 is that a small company might be more prone to targeting a smaller niche market like the rspec than a larger company.

I built some home made extensions for my factory over fenders. Rode 81 miles in the slop today and not a spec of mud on me or my doors. We weren't riding in gooey sticky mud but rather wet slushy sloppy mud. Still we stayed clean.
IMG_20160129_192123747.jpg

Reactions: Kirk57

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So let's get this rolling ... no BS ... no fighting ... opinions welcome... but keep it to the point ... what door company should we target ... is it better to target a big company or small company ... once we have a base idea I will start a thread to get the emails rolling ... no door size bullshit ... no door color comments .. no opinions on shape how they latch hight length width .. just what company to start

Im not up n up on to many of the companies, the main one i know is pro-armor... But ya sounds good!

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
First thing I'd do is find out if the shape of the half door of the Viking and wolverine are the same. I think they are, but not certain. Then you can approach a company telling these door would work on both machines. They would probably double or triple potential customers. Just my thoughts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts