Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this past weekend we had some freezing drizzle and my windshield on the wolverine had some ice on it.....so my gf bought an ice scraper while I was at work, and scraped the windshield. Luckily the windshield didn't get scratched or anything, but my question is "is that a NO NO" to use an ice scraper on the yamaha folding windshield or do you think it would be alright? My gut says no....

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I would check to see if the spray on de-icers are approved for plastics. That Lexan will take a lot but why risk it if you don't have to?

Reactions: Chazzy4

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm gonna check out the spray de-icer and see what the can says. Thanks guys.....I know my gf meant well, but........

Reactions: atkbike

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
my windshield defroster that plugs into 12 volt outlet has a long cord and can be detached from holder and has a l handle on it has kept my windshield clear all winter.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I don't know about an ice scraper, but I do know for sure if you use a squeegee to clean off muddy water you will scratch the shit out of your windshield, mine and everyone I ride with windshields are all scratched thanks to my good idea gone bad. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I have been using the RainX Plastic formula and so far I like it! Just applied another coating last weekend inside and out. I'm sure it will still freeze up to some extent but it should help.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks Timken and Mr Dwig I'll give it a try.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I wonder how those headlight restore kits would work on your scratched windshields?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts