Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2021 Yamaha wolverine rmax4 xt-r. 4 weeks ago got home started putting windshield,bumpers rock lights was the last and my teenage son was helping and drilled in to top of radiator. Been almost 4 weeks. Ordered 1 3 and half weeks ago. Said june 25 would be in stock now saying july 14.... can anyone please help!!!!

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
Have you tried JB Weld if its the tank it should work!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
JB weld actually makes Radiatorweld, unless the radiator is made of polyethylene or polypropylene it should work and get you through till the new one comes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought 2021 Yamaha wolverine rmax4 xt-r. 4 weeks ago got home started putting windshield,bumpers rock lights was the last and my teenage son was helping and drilled in to top of radiator. Been almost 4 weeks. Ordered 1 3 and half weeks ago. Said june 25 would be in stock now saying july 14.... can anyone please help!!!!
Can't it be soldered?

·
Registered
399 Posts
YOU'RE MISSING PRIME RIDING SEASON BECAUSE OF A RADIATOR!? RADIATORS ARE FOR THE WEAK! GET THAT THING JB WELDED AND GET OUT THERE!

(Disclaimer, I'm just joking and haven't worked with the stuff to recommend it or not. Ask the other guys if interested)

Reactions: Thunder God

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
You should have come here sooner. There are ways to skin the cat and revive one given ingenuity!! The cat would still be alive. LOL

JB Weld product take extreme pressure even the fast set one. I have it in my garage now just in case.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had an oil cooler crack like that. A local guy welded it for 50 bucks. Had to remove some fins though.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Have you looked for an upgraded aftermarket unit? Don't know if anybody makes one but they did for earlier Gen 1 and Rhinos.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Or get you a screw with a sealing washer if hole is in tank cap. If in tube, maybe look at cutting out a section and cutting off fins (dremel with burr) to work a section of rubber hose on the tube with a couple clamps. That will last for years! But you can ride with a little leakage. :))
And commend that boy for the initiative shown and be happy the life lesson he has learned was not more costly.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Or get you a screw with a sealing washer if hole is in tank cap. If in tube, maybe look at cutting out a section and cutting off fins (dremel with burr) to work a section of rubber hose on the tube with a couple clamps. That will last for years! But you can ride with a little leakage. :))
And commend that boy for the initiative shown and be happy the life lesson he has learned was not more costly.
You can ride it around the yard with a little leakage not go for a ride. I personally wouldn’t drive it at all with a leaky radiator

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
I guess he's fixed it as there has been no response to any solutions made. No a mute point to post further.
There are holes and then again holes, size matters. LOL

Reactions: Geo

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
248 Posts
Let us know if you got it fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let us know if you got it fixed.
Yes going but running 195 to 211 back and fourth. First radiator shop screwed me tried torching it with solider then used some kind plastic. Leaked soon as i put on. 45$ down the tube then took to welder he tried tigging it plastic from 1st guy shot that down. He end up cutting top 3 tubes out then capping off. Just installed yesterday. So far so good beside temperature 195 to 211 fan coming on and off. BETTER than waiting to god knows when for a new 1. Couldn't find after market either.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
took me about a 2 minute search to find that TCP says they have a triple-pass aluminum radiator for an X machine. Double-check it if you willing to spend $700+.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes going but running 195 to 211 back and fourth. First radiator shop screwed me tried torching it with solider then used some kind plastic. Leaked soon as i put on. 45$ down the tube then took to welder he tried tigging it plastic from 1st guy shot that down. He end up cutting top 3 tubes out then capping off. Just installed yesterday. So far so good beside temperature 195 to 211 fan coming on and off. BETTER than waiting to god knows when for a new 1. Couldn't find after market either.
took me about a 2 minute search to find that TCP says they have a triple-pass aluminum radiator for an X machine. Double-check it if you willing to spend $700+.
Please send link to radiator!!!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I could have sworn I saw it last night...I scanned it quickly but they say the site is currently down so cannot check.... sorry if I misspoke!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts