Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,190 Posts
The RMAX runs very lean, moreso than the X2/X4. I highly recommend a tune, which has so many other benefits.

· Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
648 Posts
I’ve been running mine with no tune for about a month with no issues and runs great! I did order the PV3 with five of his custom tunes from Rudd Performance. The tuner is scheduled to arrive this Saturday.
Keep us posted!

· Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,190 Posts
So it does not cause a problem to skip the tune?
You do what you want but I removed my HW tip until the Weller Tune became available.

· Registered
5,033 Posts
I don't have the tip and I'm not planning on any exhaust work but get the tune just for the fact it lowers the fan turn on temp and for me eliminated the two key cycle start in cold weather. I'm only running dynojet for now. I may go Weller in the future or Rudd when we get more reviews. However, I don't know if I would get an advantage out of those unless I wanted to run lower octane fuel or went the other direction for full out performance.

· Registered
2022 RMAX2 XTR
88 Posts
I have seen some of the DB readings for the tip but what is the real-world experience?

Does it cause more of a problem carrying on a conversation at low speed? Have you had any people in your riding group complain about the sound?

I don't want to be in a group and be "that person" that has a machine that is annoying to everyone else.

· Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
1,550 Posts
My experience with noise in the cabin is mechanical. aka valves and cam chain/shaft noise. The noise out the back is another issue. I currently run the 6" round RPM exhaust and it is loud out the rear of the machine. BUT the mechanical valve train noise is still very present within the cabin. Not so sure we have any control over mechanical noise, so if you need to yell on a stock exhaust, you just have to yell a little louder with the after market exhaust. ;)

· Rock Crawler
3,953 Posts
I don’t find it to be obnoxious at all or any change in the cab.
Noise in the cab is not related to what’s going out the back behind you.
The tip was way to loud on the Gen 1 and most of us modified it to make it tolerable. The Rmax is not like that.
Just a better tone!

· Registered
217 Posts
The tip by itself and tune by itself wasn’t anything too special but when combined (I used weller) there was a noticeable improvement from 0-40mph. The db’s are higher at start up, idle, and below 4k rpm’s, cruising speed it seems quieter. You can easily have a conversation while cruising or trail riding.

The sound is badass, it completely changes the tone and sound of the machine. I thought the rmax sounded like a lawn mower stock and now sounds mean!

I posted some db measurements and 0-40 time comparisons, some other members did reviews on yt as well.

· Registered
305 Posts
Old thread, reboot. I saw that Weller just came out with their own exhaust tip and I wondered if anyone had a chance to compare them with Hunterworks yet.
I can tell you probably won’t notice any difference except for looks and price! Weller is over $50 more! Hunterworks looks a whole lot better in my opinion!

· Registered
320 Posts
I can tell you probably won’t notice any difference except for looks and price! Weller is over $50 more! Hunterworks looks a whole lot better in my opinion!
It would be cool to hear a sound clip of the weller tip. My hunter works tips sounds so good. I get complements on it. There is another company called wiskey bent or something. It sounds more raspier than the hunter works deep tone and looks ugly lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts