Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was looking for some suggestions. More so from the admin side. As the years have gone by I have notticed a trend with the rear inner CV joints over heating and having early failures of the joints them self and the boots. More and more members including myself seem to have issues which leaves our machines down and unreliable. My hope is to raise awareness of this issue and get Yamaha to investigate to help resolve this issue.
so any help on where to go would help. I have contacted Yamaha in the past and talked to my dealer. To them it's a "unknown" issue.

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
You wanting help setting up a Poll on the Forum?
1. Start Discussion
2. Scroll down and click "Add a Poll"
3. "Question". Type your question in box.
4. "Possible Responses" Type responses in box. Hit enter and another box appears for more choices.
5. Finish with Poll options. i.e. Selectable choices; viewable results; poll days, etc.

Probably not what you wanted.
Are you wanting poll choice ideas?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You wanting help setting up a Poll on the Forum?
1. Start Discussion
2. Scroll down and click "Add a Poll"
3. "Question". Type your question in box.
4. "Possible Responses" Type responses in box. Hit enter and another box appears for more choices.
5. Finish with Poll options. i.e. Selectable choices; viewable results; poll days, etc.

Probably not what you wanted.
Are you wanting poll choice ideas?
that's what I wanted. Thank you! We will see how this goes.

thinking poll choices are:

-CV overheats and seeps grease
-CV overheats and boot failed
-CV Joint Failed
-multiple failures of CV boots or CV joints

then add your conditions, which CV, miles

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
For some reason, I see a lot of post here and on Facebook about the passenger rear being the most problematic too.

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
That's the one broken on mine..... rear passenger.
If you change one, it needs a good 'break-in" ride as the tolerances are tighter and it will carry most of the load at first.

I changed my passenger rear for a boot issue as it never acted the same after.
So a new OEM axle was installed.
On my way to meet up for a ride, I was running a few minutes late, so I was getting on it to make up time.
The road was blacktop, no standing water, but looked damp from the rain the night before.

In the turns, I noticed the rear wanted to kick out and in the straightaways the rear wanted to come around.
So I started testing a little.
Going down the straightaways, whenever I got on the gas, the rear wanted to come around the drivers side.
I was going down the straights at a good angle and countered this with steering. Whenever I let off the gas, the car kicked at the angle I was steering.
It scared the wife a little and she told me to stop playing....lol.

After a long ride that night, I haven't been able to repeat those symptoms on that same road with lots of water.
So I concluded that axle had enough wear-in that it's back to sharing the load.

Reactions: therebel19 and DLX2

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where do you think I should post this? It seems the RMax guys are starting to have issues too?

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
X2/X4 Section.
Those Rmax guys are a little weird if you know what I mean.... LOL. J/K :ROFLMAO::LOL::p😎

·
Registered
355 Posts
My rear passenger outter had the problem. It twisted up and I replaced it with an aftermarket one, no issues since even with the springs and more mods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts