Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came to this site to get information on buying my first SxS, as I'm sure many others have as well. I strongly believe that different age groups are looking for different qualities in a SxS. I was hesitant about asking people their ages and I never ask women how old they are.

I purchased a Wolverine after getting a lot of great info from this forum. I stated that I was 56 years old in my first post but I was very curious on how old the people were that I was getting information from, so I am asking now. One possibility is that if we all turn out to be ready for the geriatric ward, then all the younger viewers will head straight out and buy a Polaris.

So if you don't mind, tell the faithful how old you are and the single most reason you purchased a Wolverine.

JTB - 56 years old. I purchased a Wolverine because they seem to be very reliable from the information I received from this forum.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This wolverine of mine is the first SXS that I have owned. I purchased it due to Yamaha's reliability and it fit my style of riding. Strictly for recreation. I am 63 years of age.

·
Registered
388 Posts
33 years old. I bought a Yamaha Wolverine bc I need a dependable machine to get me in and out of the woods when I go hunt really have zero time to be working on the machine un necessarily when I need to get in and out of the woods. I looked at all brands. Due to the seeming lack of dependability I ruled out Polaris. I really never liked the pioneer 700 I drove one and it wasn't what I was wanting to spend my money on. I like Honda just didn't fall in love with the pioneer 700. In the end it was between a Kawasaki Teryx and my wolverine went with the wolverine because the teryx was a bit bigger thus being a bit less nimble. I really liked all the storage inside the wolverine cab. the smooth ride sold me also. Is it the perfect sXs? no. but it offered most of the primary things that I wanted in a hunting/play SXS. that's pretty much it. I wont lie though the twin cylinders and high hp are still tempting but I cant justify it to kill whitetail deer, ducks, turkeys, squirrels all I need to do that is a comfortable side by side that is dependable and somewhat fun to drive to get me there and back

·
Registered
16 Posts
27 years old. I had a Polaris RZR 800S for awhile and broke something on it almost every time I went riding. Sold it because I wanted something more reliable and a friend of mine was selling his (now my) 2016 wolverine and I jumped on it. Couldn't be happier with the wolverine and haven't broken anything on it yet!

·
June WOTM Winner!
98 Posts
60 years floating a round on this earth, because my other half was afraid on the King Quad and because 100 mi on it left me feeling like I had just drove the indy 500 and the Wolverine does the 100 mi and leaves me ready to go for some more!

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
59 and growing, but not quite grown up yet.:eek: Got the Wolverine for it's reliability and best value per dollar spent. Researched the SxSs a long time before buying, since I bought mine a year ago 7 others I ride with have bought a Wolverine also, they're contagious. A husband who is not interested in buying one whatever you do don't let your wife ride in one all day as a passenger or you will be buying one very shortly. Has happened to more than 1 in our group.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,439 Posts
The single most important reason I purchased my Wolverine is...because it's made by Yamaha. I started riding Yamahas in 1972 on a 60cc mini-cycle. I've owned about 20 of them so far, and currently own (1) SXS, (1) snowmobile and (5) dirt bikes all made by Yamaha. Their quality and reliability are absolutely top shelf!

I am 57 years young. But quite often I'm told I certainly don't act like it...I think that's good though.

Up to, and including myself, the average age of responding Wolverine owner's is 48.67 years young. I think that says something about the Wolverine. I think it shows that the average owner is mature, wants a quality/reliable machine, that will get him/her home safely with a very smooth ride, and isn't as interested in winning a 1/8 mile drag race.

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
27 here. I bought the wolverine mainly for recreation, but needed a utility side of use as well. I got out of racing bikes a while ago and wanted to get back into the off-road world. Figured it's something me and the fiancé can do together on the weekends.

·
Registered
718 Posts
33 here. Bought mine because I wanted a SxS with a little more balls than what the Rhinos had, but didn't want to waste time and money on a PoPo. Had an 84 YZ 250 when I was in college then bought an 04 YFZ 450 quad when I got out of college so I was sold on Yamaha.

·
November WOTM Winner!
883 Posts
I'm 32. Bought mine because I wanted a sxs and not a Polaris. Kicked around getting a commander as I didn't care much for the Viking. When the wolverine came out it fit the bill for me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
46 .... driven rzr 800 and mavericks on the trails....sat in the them all .... wolverine was never on my radar until all the magazines wrote how a perfect recreational sxs it was so can to this site and read a lot of good info about them. Found a dealer and bought it. Probably one of the biggest reasons for buying wolverine was the wet clutch CVT. Would be nice with a twin cylinder 800-900 ...less harassment from many others but couldn't give me any more fun than I already have with the 700 thumper

Always been a sport quad rider but body can't handle the abuse anymore ( 1 week of soreness after first ride of yr)..... my 2001 Yamaha 660 raptor still going strong with no dealer visits. Best build quality, bar none...Honda may be there but don't have as much exp with theirs

Maverick .....hot, loud, and replaced 3 belts in a yr. massive power but could not be used unless getting to trail quicker ....love the cab
Rzr. Tight cab, belts break, poor quality.
General is a nice machine but again the quality is not there.

Reactions: Paddler

·
Registered
385 Posts
Turning 70 first of the month, my ridding buddy 61 I got my wolverine for the comfort after riding my Honda rubicon for 4 wheeler for years. My bud got a Yamaha YXZ and we both ride like we just stole them. To take the punishment we give them is nothing short of a miracle. I now have 2600 on my wolverine all at Hatfield trail system we go there about 8 to 10 times a year now:cool:

1 - 20 of 225 Posts