Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much riding everyone is doing? Thought it might be a good way for us to compare issues that arise as well when compared to mileage.

Right now I got about 550 miles on mine

·
Registered
718 Posts
140-150 range. No issues with the machine, but I did rip a CV boot off one of the rear axles this past weekend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got mine about 3 weeks ago and I have 422 miles on it right now. I noticed the other day that one of the recesses on the driver's side floorboard right under the pedals broke. The bottom of the plastic stayed with the bolt while the floorboard raised slightly. I also seen the plastic that holds the clip on the filter box was broke too. I tried opening it and the clip went flying. I think it was broke for a while hopefully they will go good for it through warranty.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Right at 300ish hard trail miles. Nothing is broken yet. I did have milky rear diff fluid at the 100 and again at 200 miles. Blew the vent line out and water came out of it. Probably got it in there from the vent line while I was pressure washing it. I really clean they heck out of it. Even under the console area where the airbox/motor/front drive shaft. I'm a neat freak.

Just to let everyone know. I found the rear diff vent line fell down and was under the gas tank. That place gets a lot of water and is lower than the rear diff too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
About 150 miles with no issues at all. When I installed my winch I went out the next day and turned on the switch... Nothing happened. I was like, sh*t! I must have wired it up wrong and drained the battery. What had happened was the ignition switch is on a harness and it wasn't pushed into the locking position on the back of the switch. It had eased out enough to lose contact with the switch. When this happens, it is the same as if the battery was not connected. I don't know if it tends to wiggle out easy or just wasn't locked on at the factory. Easy check up under the drivers side wheel well if you suddenly have no power.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
460 miles everthing good except for all mud inside cab,and the annoying whine of the drive system witch I mentioned to my dealer today,he said he will ask Yamaha if there is anything that can be done with it.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
I know the Yamaha came out with a noise suppression kit for the viking. Not sure what it is though. Probably some foam panels.

·
Registered
182 Posts
460 miles everthing good except for all mud inside cab,and the annoying whine of the drive system witch I mentioned to my dealer today,he said he will ask Yamaha if there is anything that can be done with it.
yeah the mud in the cab kinda sucks, I like staying clean when I go riding. The wider tires I put on didn't help any either. I'm gonna try and make some homemade flares eventually.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
yeah the mud in the cab kinda sucks, I like staying clean when I go riding. The wider tires I put on didn't help any either. I'm gonna try and make some homemade flares eventually.
if I ever get my overfenders I am going to ad some mud flaps also.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well I'm over 2,400 miles now. Would be double that but I still drive my RZR 900, Pioneer 500, and Pioneer 700. No problems and we have very little mud here in Arizona. I rev it up good frequently so it gears up all the way to lube the rollers. Some times in low range but mostly in high range. Its like Todd said the grease goes outboard so the rollers can run dry and flat spot if you don't rev it to gear up all the way with the rollers going into the grease. I put on about 4,600 miles on my 05 Rhino, just over 10,000 miles on my 08 Rhino, and over 12,000 on my 07 Grizzly. My buddies bought my 08 Rhino and 07 Grizzly so they helped with the mileage. Most of the time when I replaced a belt usually with over 5,000 miles I had rollers with flat spots. The rev limit is 7,000 rpm and I usually run from 4,500 to 6,000 and get close to 7,000 occasionally.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Well I'm over 2,400 miles now. Would be double that but I still drive my RZR 900, Pioneer 500, and Pioneer 700. No problems and we have very little mud here in Arizona. I rev it up good frequently so it gears up all the way to lube the rollers. Some times in low range but mostly in high range. Its like Todd said the grease goes outboard so the rollers can run dry and flat spot if you don't rev it to gear up all the way with the rollers going into the grease. I put on about 4,600 miles on my 05 Rhino, just over 10,000 miles on my 08 Rhino, and over 12,000 on my 07 Grizzly. My buddies bought my 08 Rhino and 07 Grizzly so they helped with the mileage. Most of the time when I replaced a belt usually with over 5,000 miles I had rollers with flat spots. The rev limit is 7,000 rpm and I usually run from 4,500 to 6,000 and get close to 7,000 occasionally.
with that many miles do you notice any difference in the drive train noise or is that something we have to live with?

·
Registered
116 Posts
We need to put on around 10,000 miles to see if a side by side has problems. My 08 Teryx is near 17,000 with the third owner and no real problems except I moved the air box intake up above the engine cover when new. My 08 Rhino was just over 10,000 and no real problems. I added a 3rd mount to the real dif and moved the belt drive air intake up under the roof. My 2011 RZR 900 is over 10,200 and even with a two week setup to fix several design and assembly problems it has had several failures and I was lucky to get a good one. One of the Chinese side by side companies said they had 500 miles of testing. Honda puts on 50,000 miles of testing on their large road bikes. You can count on a few years of testing on the Kawasaki, Yamaha, and Honda side by sides. Polaris is a bit better then the Chinese models.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts