Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son with me riding with him hit the biggest stump with the front left a arm and bent the crap out of it! 1 hour on it! I know I shouldn't be but I'm pissed! Share your stories to comfort my pain!

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Well, that's some kind of record I'm sure. :D Nothing on the Wolvy or YXZ yet but daughters little raptor has taken a beating. She hit a tree and bent the front arm in about 2 hours of riding. LOL Only 6 and learned a lesson. Tree's hit hard without moving.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Well I did a 3/4 barrel / end over end combo roll about 40 miles into my first trail ride. Still not really sure how or why it happened. Had mud on both sides and all over the front end. Dirt was wedged between tire and wheel on all 4 corners. Damage was limited to the grill (on order for $82) and about a 16" crack in the roof. Took that to a body repairman buddy and he plastic welded it for free.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The only thing I have tore up is the trails! You gotta aim between the tree's! LOL...Happy New Year fellow Wolveriner's!

Reactions: atkbike

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know it's hard to believe but thirty minutes into my first ride out, a tree jumped in front of me. It hit me on the passenger side tire and bent back my tie rod. I ordered the tie rod but they are on back order until who knows when. The only way i've been able to ride is because I took the tie rod off and straightened it in a vise. I also Broke the upper ball joint but they had that in stock. I had to replace that as well. So if you ever go to carolina adventure world and ride trail # 2, be careful. The trees will jump out in front of you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm very tempted to just ride around and take pictures of all the tree's that's been hit out there. Man, some of them are bad and must have caused a ton of damage.
I placed a saw on my wolverine, because of the trails having clearance issues and normally not maintained. Three trees needed to be moved last time I went out. Crazy sometimes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm very tempted to just ride around and take pictures of all the tree's that's been hit out there. Man, some of them are bad and must have caused a ton of damage.

How about this damage?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Pic not working

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Broke 2 front axles and tore up a lil plastic this weekend but that's why I carry spare axles and zip-ties.

·
Registered
395 Posts
This stuff is designed to break closer to the wheel instead of further back. An A-Arm and a tie rod are a lot easier and cheaper to fix than a frame or an EPS rack!

Anything is perfectly capable of breaking :)

Maverick!

Rather pound this back into shape over replacing an EPS rack!
People make fun for carrying a hammer but it gits er dun.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Wolfie, I completely agree. People think its crazy to break an axle or bend a tie rod but like you said I would much rather replace an axles or beat on a tie rod then blow a diff or EPS unit. If you ain't breaking shit you ain't playing hard enough.

Here is another pic from this weekend:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wolfie, I completely agree. People think its crazy to break an axle or bend a tie rod but like you said I would much rather replace an axles or beat on a tie rod then blow a diff or EPS unit. If you ain't breaking shit you ain't playing hard enough.

Here is another pic from this weekend: View attachment 4497
Awesome PIC. Yes. Axles, shocks, belt, 2000 lb severe duty zip ties, oil filters, oil, spare tire/wheel, tire rod - all should be in the spare parts bucket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First thing tore up was the passenger side console, the latch broke and the second was bad holes in sidewalls of 27 inch kenda executioners and last was bent tie rod. Had straightened it but only made two trips before bending worst!! Currently have 1200kms on my wolverine. Almost debating to get another grizz not as wide. Trees come out of no where at ya Lol!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.