Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my Maverick, I never worried about the depth of the water. The CVT seemed really well sealed and the engine was pretty much a jet ski engine so it never entered my mind that I could go too deep.

How deep should I keep it and what should I look out for in the Wolverine? A guy that I ride with, that just got a RZR1000, had a RZR800 and if he went through mildly deep water he would pretty much be done from water in the CVT. I noticed the cover on his CVT, when we looked at the belt, had very few bolts in it from the factory.

Most of the time I have heard, "If your ass is dry, you aren't too deep for the machine"

Discuss.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
I'd only go as deep as the CVT intake. It's basically a snorkle under the bed behind the drivers seat. I think it's about at your lower back on the seat. So if your butt is wet, you may want to think about stopping. I think if it's up to the console you may be in deep doo doo. The airbox is under there..didn't look to see where the intake for the airbox is routed yet.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd only go as deep as the CVT intake. It's basically a snorkle under the bed behind the drivers seat. I think it's about at your lower back on the seat. So if your butt is wet, you may want to think about stopping. I think if it's up to the console you may be in deep doo doo. The airbox is under there..didn't look to see where the intake for the airbox is routed yet.
Good stuff. I will stick my head under there and take a look to see where this stuff is being vented.

Is the CVT cover pretty well sealed? Any issues submerging the actual housing?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Everything is sealed up. There is a video in another section here where their CVT intake tube connection was pinched and another section had a seam ridge from the factory. Which allowed it to leak. Not a bad idea to give them a once over but haven't seen anyone else with that problem. Washed mine like 10 times so far and been through some tire high water crossings. No leaks here.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I had water coming across the hood before while on my first ride.. No problem.. I was wondering about the cvt tube under the bed.. But we have 12in of ground clearance, and already another 10 to 12in before the intake tube.. So 24in or 2ft should be pretty safe (factory) ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Here's some pictures of the CVT intake snorkle. This should give everyone a good idea about water level. The airbox is way up higher ..under the front dash.

CVTIntakeSnorkle1.jpg CVTIntakeSnorkle2.jpg

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's some pictures of the CVT intake snorkle. This should give everyone a good idea about water level. The airbox is way up higher ..under the front dash.

That is stock? With the bed off right? Looks super high. If you are that high, you have bigger problems.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yep, completely stock. It's about at the bed line. So if water is in your bed, you will want to drain your CVT.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yep, I was safe too! That was actually on the upslope coming out. In the bottom the water was about as deep as it was for Deeyoh!

image.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't know what you mean by the maverick having a Jet Ski engine, but I don't care if its a submarine engine, if it gets water in it its done.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know what you mean by the maverick having a Jet Ski engine, but I don't care if its a submarine engine, if it gets water in it its done.
Half serious. BRP made jet skies before they made ATVs and I always imagined their motors would be more at home close to water than something else. That's all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts