Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Horsepower

30K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  MORSNO 
#1 ·
Are you ready?

Yamaha got us again.

Do you want to change your estimate?

47 horsepower. CARB approved on 9 model numbers at 35kw.

LOL

#6 ·
The 686cc Rhino’s had 40 HP and a top speed of 40, the 686cc Viking has 46 and a top speed of 50, and now the 708cc Wolverine has 47 HP. I expect it has torque cams and loads of bottom torque.

The 750 Teryx had 46 HP, the 2012 and 2013 4 seat Teryx have 52 HP, and the 2014 and 2015 Teryx models have 57 HP.

The around 250 pound lighter Wolverine is slightly faster with 10 less HP so its still not a deal breaker. I just hope it has a top speed of 55 and you can count on 50 like the Viking. I may have to keep my 2011 RZR 900 with 88 HP for the rides with the fast guys.

#8 ·
You know I was a little disappointed to see that at first but to be honest I don't know anywhere I could drive a S x S at 60mph. The roads at our hunting property are so rough you might be able to get to 50 or so but only if you nail it and then you'd have to shut it down right away. There are trails in TN that I guess you might be able to do it but not for any length of time. Maybe on the blacktop if you're rural but I'm not quite that far out of town. So realistically for me if it will do 50 or 55 and be able to get to there in a hurry I'm fine with that. Reliability and maneuverability are key for me.

#11 ·
I agree with most of you guys. Everyone looks at horsepower as a number. Horsepower is on a curve and it is usually accompanied by torque and rpm. Until I see a graph of the true output, and several reviews from individuals and magazines I couldn't be bothered.
As far as speed goes, it's all about gearing.

#22 ·
I realize this is a horsepower thread so where did you put a suspension review.

Also what are the 0-30 times compared to the Viking? What about 0-50 and 0-30 times before and after your Kit on the Viking clutch upgrade? How much improvement do you expect in acceleration performance improvement due to breakin of the power train and rolling system on the Wolverine.

I ask these questions because of the significant performance improvements that we have seen on the Viper snowmobiles ofer the first 2,000 miles. 4-8 MPH top end improvement with end result being about 100 MPH stock, and .5 second improvement in quarter mile from about 12.5 down to 12.0.

#26 ·
Hey Guys...I'm new to the forum....big yamaha supporter...currently have a 2012 rhino with over 6000 miles on it and I love it...

I am first on my local dealers list to receive a Blue EPS R-Spec...can't wait

So, how do I get on the waiting list for a JBS clutch sheeve setup? (I learned my lesson dealing with Toad and won't return.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.