·
Registered
207 Posts
Looks like 50 hp like the factory says

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I just read on the Rhino from The Viking 686 puts out 40 plus horsepower is it possible that this is more than 37 horsepower or are the Viking numbers wrong

·
Registered
207 Posts
It feels like 50

·
Registered
242 Posts
Whatever the HP is, it is plenty for trail riding and pulling equipment.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm assuming these tests were done on a chassis dyno. The higher numbers that CARB reports are, I believe, engine only.

·
Engineer
1,807 Posts
There is a measurement at the crankshaft which is what the factory claims. The measurement on the dyno sheet I posted is a measurement at the rear wheel which is typically less. At the bottom of the dyno sheet, you will see RED for torque and BLUE for hp curves for minimum hp, average and maximium. There are three runs, 1 stock, 2 mid exhaust and 3 max exhaust, depending on which HMF exhaust you purchased. I would go by the stock numbers unless you have these exhausts. So for Stock, the minimum hp at the rear wheel was 6hp, the average was 30hp and the maximum was 37hp.

·
Engineer
1,807 Posts
Hp doesn't concern me, it's just a rate of acceleration. It's the torque numbers that hold true meaning. You have a starting torque of 10 and max at 32 ftlbs. You gain 2ftlbs with exhaust, that's not bad, but I am sure that you would gain more from porting your head than adding an expensive exhaust.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yep, torque wins races and horse power sells...
Hp doesn't concern me, it's just a rate of acceleration. It's the torque numbers that hold true meaning. You have a starting torque of 10 and max at 32 ftlbs. You gain 2ftlbs with exhaust, that's not bad, but I am sure that you would gain more from porting your head than adding an expensive exhaust.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Good analogy a lot of my dirt track friends like to use: horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, torque is how far the wall moves when you hit it!

Reactions: atkbike
1 - 15 of 15 Posts