Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And 3.5" instead of two ... giving you ability to soften preload raise compression and utilize more suspension while still being lifted

·
Banned
420 Posts
Is that going to be much strain on axles ?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I really don't thibk it will be to bad on them. The cv shafts and a arms are fairly long. I have seen guys run 6 inch lifts on grizzlies and be ok and that was a steeper angle. I wouldn't turn the wheels to full lock in diff lock and Matt the Gass in reverse but in wouldn't be to concerned with CV angle.

Now that I think about it ...... I change my tune... everyone else chime in here ... I went into the garage and jacked up the r spec and had over 3 inches of sag so if the CVS are pushed down 3.5 more inches with a lift then you ride and the sag is dropping g out over bumps and lumps that could be close to 7 or more inches of drop on the CVs.. I will unbolt a shock and see where the cv maxes out

·
Banned
420 Posts
Got it. Makes sense. Now somebody buy one, get it installed and tell us all the good and bad. And hurry. :cool:

Reactions: atkbike and Kirk57

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awesome!
I sent that contact email last week asking about a lift and never got a response
Not sure why but they have kept me very informed during the development process. After today I asked if they planned on anything else for our lil machine and they said they would talk to the R&D department about it but as of right now they don't think so

·
Registered
44 Posts
How would the 3.5" lift compare to the 2" lift, for trail riding? Looking to make our wolverine alittle taller to avoid rocks and ruts. But mainly trail riding, not a whole lot of mudding.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am starting to think the 3.5 lift is a lil much for trail use. I am in the same boat as you and I think I am leaning to the 2" lift. Jack up the machine 3.5 inches and it seams awefull high

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
3.5" really seems like a lot for stock located axles and cv joints. I think most don't operate past about 28-30 degrees before binding starts to become an issue. Add that to bigger tires with lots of traction and it's a recipe for disaster in my opinion. Granted, I am sure they wouldn't release it without doing their research, so maybe this machine sags so damn much they figure it won't hurt anything unless you jump it lol. Time will tell.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
High lifter added a clutch kit today ... seams to just be weights and a secondary spring

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just got off the Highlifter Web Site. Got mine on the way. I mainly run through creeks and mud on mine so Im not worried about the trail riding. Hope I don't start breaking axles. I have 28 inch Terminators on it now and the shocks all the way out. Rubs a little when I turn hard and go through a ditch or bump. Maybe that will be cured. I will let you know. I had a Highlifter signature lift on my 2014 Grizzly and it worked great.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just got off the Highlifter Web Site. Got mine on the way. I mainly run through creeks and mud on mine so Im not worried about the trail riding. Hope I don't start breaking axles. I have 28 inch Terminators on it now and the shocks all the way out. Rubs a little when I turn hard and go through a ditch or bump. Maybe that will be cured. I will let you know. I had a Highlifter signature lift on my 2014 Grizzly and it worked great.
Post pictures, I had the same lift on my 2014 grizzly as well and never had a problem with the lift or the axles. I hope the axles hold up as I'll be ordering the lift shortly.

·
Registered
213 Posts
same with me, creeks and mud
cant wait to see some pics

1 - 20 of 31 Posts