Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put this lift on? I just got mine in and really want to know how the stock axles will take this kind of lift. If anyone has any advise or pictures please post them. I would hate to put this on break something or axles then have to fix it then get another lift and be stuck with this one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just installed the highlifter lift and took some before and after measurements (In Case anyone was wondering). I also read somewhere that someone thought they would need a limiting strap. I attempted to snatch the axle while I had it completely extended with pressure on the a-arms and it seems almost impossible to snatch the axle out. I don't believe going airborne with this lift installed would cause any problems.

The passenger side has been installed
Front During.jpeg

Front Center Before and after
Front Before.jpeg
Front After.jpeg

Rear Center Before and After
Rear Before.jpeg
Rear After.jpeg

Side
Rear Side Before.jpeg
Rear Side After.jpeg

They tell you to mount the highlifter plate on the rear of the tail gate or bed. I installed it on my rear bumper instead.
Highlifter.jpeg

These measurements were all taken with factory shock settings.

I haven't taken it trail riding yet but I drove it around the yard. The suspension feels stiffer and I can feel a small amount more side to side movement. That may be because the suspension is stiffer and I was trying hard to feel a difference. I'm going to leave it alone and take it trail riding and see how it does. It took me about 30 minutes to install the front and 30 minutes to install the rear. It is very easy to install. The brackets looked to be very strong and high quality. I am very very pleased with this lift !!!

Reactions: Deeyoh

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Cisco, you have a lot of heavy stuff in the back? Mine is sitting at 14" with the 2" gorilla lift.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cisco, you have a lot of heavy stuff in the back? Mine is sitting at 14" with the 2" gorilla lift.
Yes I do! The cargo box is full of all my gear, the spare tire and chains. I could raise it another inch or more if I adjusted the shock but I'm going to try what I have now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
do you think this lifts binds the axles to much
Well, for obvious reasons it does put the axle at an extended angle but not out of range. If you look at the picture I posted with the wheels off, the a-arms stop when they reach the frame. I would think that in any situation you got yourself in would be ok. It seems it would have already been designed to reach that point. That's why I think it would be impossible to snatch the axle out. The stock setup can reach the same angles. The only thing you are changing is the resting angle which gives you the lift.

I ended up adjusting the shock on the rear. I carry a lot of weight with me and it sqauts. I will say that raising the shock and the lift combined makes it noticeably stiffer. I rode this past weekend and I was a little beat compared to stock setup. I'm sure after a while you could get used to it and it'll feel normal. I'll keep playing with the setup and see if I can find a happy place.

Reactions: atkbike

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Well, for obvious reasons it does put the axle at an extended angle but not out of range. If you look at the picture I posted with the wheels off, the a-arms stop when they reach the frame. I would think that in any situation you got yourself in would be ok. It seems it would have already been designed to reach that point. That's why I think it would be impossible to snatch the axle out. The stock setup can reach the same angles. The only thing you are changing is the resting angle which gives you the lift.

I ended up adjusting the shock on the rear. I carry a lot of weight with me and it sqauts. I will say that raising the shock and the lift combined makes it noticeably stiffer. I rode this past weekend and I was a little beat compared to stock setup. I'm sure after a while you could get used to it and it'll feel normal. I'll keep playing with the setup and see if I can find a happy place.
Just curious if you found a "happy place" lol. I took mine out this weekend for the first time with the lift, and it was really stiff. I have my preload tightened as far as it goes though because I had some spring sagging prior to the install(which prompted the install). I am going to make some adjustments this week and try again lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts