Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crazy squeal/squeaking noise coming from front end when moving. Someone already mentioned it could be rusty rotors, but not the case. Definetely speeds up with acceleration. Not the suspension either...any ideas. '16 RSpec...stock. 120 kms.

Also got a little "snapping" sound sometimes, after putting in gear and moving forward. Hard to tell where it's coming from...but seems to be something snapping after putting a little load on the motor.....

·
Registered
198 Posts
reconized mine was sqeaking today in front end when turning, didn't do it strait, almost sounds like its in the axle joints but only has 100 miles on it

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Could be a wheel bearing. Jack it up and spin the wheels, you should be able to track it down

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
stone between the rim and rotor?

Reactions: MORSNO

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Crazy squeal/squeaking noise coming from front end when moving. Someone already mentioned it could be rusty rotors, but not the case. Definetely speeds up with acceleration. Not the suspension either...any ideas. '16 RSpec...stock. 120 kms.

Also got a little "snapping" sound sometimes, after putting in gear and moving forward. Hard to tell where it's coming from...but seems to be something snapping after putting a little load on the motor.....
Is this is 2wd or 4wd? Stone is my first guess, seen/heard this a million times. Definitely put it up in the air and spin the wheels. If you don't hear it, put it on STABLE wooden blocks or jack stands that you really trust, and start the machine up. Put it in high and 4wd diff lock and slowly run it up to speed. You may be able to hear or have another person stand near and hear where it is coming from. If it is a wheel bearing, it should make noise regardless, but it would make more on the ground under load. However, generally speaking, when wheel bearings fail, they growl, not high pitch squealing-at least in my experience. Get it up in the air and start poking around, you are bound to find it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Did you ever find what it was. Mine does it also. But I just figured it to be dust. But tommorow ill
Jack it up an poke around. To make sure.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Jacked it up spun the wheels on the front and both
Of them did it. So I sprayed a good amount of brake cleaner on the pads and rotors. Then took it out. It did it not screech after that. Maybe it's somthing to do with the new break in pads and rotors. We will see!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol...I did the same thing after I posted this.

In the end, a good shot of brake clean on all 4 rotors fixed the annoying squeak.....for about 20 mins. Squeak is back, but not as bad. I'll live with it. Guess I'll just need to brake harder...and go faster...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yea mine is fine until I start to get into that sooty dust/ dirt. Then I take the hose to it. And it doesn't do it. Unless extremely dusty condition. But it's nothing to worry about. May need to do an brake pads Upgrade"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts