Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only noticed this high pitch squeal a few times. Any idea what it is?

·
Registered
211 Posts
There have been several post on here about the squeaky exhaust. I think it is where the header meets up with the muffler, the springs are squeaky when new. Sounds like the best remedy is to get some mud up in there and it goes away after break in.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Yep, that's the exhaust alright. There seems to be varying degrees of luck with levels of mud and hrs put on the machine as to how long it takes to go away. Honestly, I have an aftermarket exhaust so I don't have this issue anymore, BUT you better believe if I did the dealer would have the bike until it was fixed, that squeak is so annoying. Better to have it fixed now before warranty is up.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Damn, I got really lucky! I never had the exhaust noise and after hearing it, I'm so glad I didn't!

·
Registered
388 Posts
mine did it too its the exhaust squeakin, just ride it and with some miles and dirt as mentioned above it should end.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Wow, I'm one of the lucky ones.. (fingers crossed) but I did take mine out to muddy bottoms atv park for the first big ride.. so I defiantly got it in mud and put miles on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts