Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just defeated this seat belt issue, it is different than the X2 or Gen 1 seat belt. The Rmax belt has a small limit switch in it, activated by pushing the belt down into a plastic tab that activates the switch. There is no room even for a tiny zip tie to permanently activate the switch. I used a 1/4 " strip of quality electrical tape to bind the switch in place, works great, and easy.

It does however require a T-8 security bit, the tiny screws have a center pin in them to prevent us hackers from getting into stuff. A standard T-8 will not work, it needs a hole in it to fit the pin in the center of the screws.

Here is the limit switch, it is activated by the black tab moving down when the seat belt is inserted.

There is only room for 1/4" of tape to hold the switch closed. Do not try to defeat the black tab as it is also part of the UNLOCK button and must be allowed to move up and down.

T-8 security bit required to remove the screws.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another irritant with the seat belts for me is how they rub nasty scratches in the console where they rub. A little velcro carpet on the backs of the seat belts works wonders for that.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Wish I’d have put something on my Gen 1. The center console is destroyed from the seat belts. My next machine will get that done on day 1. Good tip!

Reactions: Wolverinegramps

·
Registered
459 Posts
I did mine with a zip tie and just tucked it into the rubber seat belt guard that is at the base. I like this idea better though. When I am doing farm work the belt thing got so annoying so fast.

Reactions: booger

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it a standard seat belt receptacle like cars and trucks have? If so, on track vehicles where I installed racing harnesses, we use these to permanently stop the stock seat belt chime. Seat Belt Inserts - Amazon
Nope, tried a standard seat belt extender, it was to short.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
553 Posts
Jimbo,

Thanks for the tips, I bought the seatbelt bypass/overide loop but for the seatbelts scratching the console I like the velcro carpet on the backs !

·
Registered
687 Posts
You could also remove the switch all together and strip the wires back a little then solder them together and wrap it up with electrical tape.

·
Registered
Yamaha Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Street Legal
42 Posts
Another irritant with the seat belts for me is how they rub nasty scratches in the console where they rub. A little velcro carpet on the backs of the seat belts works wonders for that.

View attachment 89235
Here's another Thank-You for your tip. Just to let you know, I completed the mod in just a few minutes, then, as I was backing the SxS out, I looked down, and my seatbelt was on. Old (really good) habit - wear your safety belt.

·
Registered
2022 RMAX LE
11 Posts
Thank you for the post Jimbo. I found that my 2022 RMAX2 LE requires a T10H (hollow point) bit for the seat belt screws. I also used a wider piece of tape and used enough pressure (which was little) for the two plastic mounting pegs to punch through the electric tape.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts