Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Wolverine X4 850
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time working with wheel spacers. I have a 2020 Wolverine X4. I just installed new 28x10x14 ITP ultracross r spec tires on black rhino rims. The front tires are close to rubbing the tie rod end. So I am looking to get wheel spacers for the front and possible the rear to square up the machine. What size wheel spacers should I get for the Front and the rear to square up the machine? Ive read some reviews on wheel spacers where it should be 2 inch on the front and 1 inch in the rear.

Also do I need to match the thread size that my machine has to the wheel spacers?

Thanks in advance for the help!

· Registered
335 Posts
What is the offset on your wheels? 5+2 is a common offset that will not have issues.
1 1/2" spacers on rear will square it up, 4 on 110mm bolt pattern with 12mm x 1.25 thread.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the offset on your wheels? 5+2 is a common offset that will not have issues.
1 1/2" spacers on rear will square it up, 4 on 110mm bolt pattern with 12mm x 1.25 thread.
Offset of the wheels are 36. That is what the Black Rhino Site has in the specs.

· Registered
335 Posts
Maybe someone else can help out on what that 36 number means. By what you describe a different offset is needed, there should be no rubbing on front.
Only spacers on the rear to square it up.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe someone else can help out on what that 36 number means. By what you describe a different offset is needed, there should be no rubbing on front.
Only spacers on the rear to square it up.
So I did some quick searching. 36 off set from what I found means, for a 7 inch wide rim it has 5.5" back spacing and 1.5" spacing to the outer bead. So 5.5+1.5 instead of 5+2. If that makes any since. With me going with 2 inch wider tires on the front and having a 1/2 inch more back spacing explains why it's close to rubbing the tie rod.

· Registered
335 Posts
I run 28*10*14 on a 2020 X2 as well. Not close to rubbing at all with 5+2.

· Rock Crawler
3,953 Posts
First time working with wheel spacers. I have a 2020 Wolverine X4. I just installed new 28x10x14 ITP ultracross r spec tires on black rhino rims. The front tires are close to rubbing the tie rod end. So I am looking to get wheel spacers for the front and possible the rear to square up the machine. What size wheel spacers should I get for the Front and the rear to square up the machine? Ive read some reviews on wheel spacers where it should be 2 inch on the front and 1 inch in the rear.

Also do I need to match the thread size that my machine has to the wheel spacers?

Thanks in advance for the help!
This is incorrect information because being that it’s not a square set up from factory, the fact is that it is wider on the front than the rear. When you use wheels front and rear that are the same offset as you are doing then to square it up you only need spacers on the rear. 1” spacers will square it up or pretty close. Some use 1.5 to make it a scoosh wider on the rear.

What is the offset of the wheels, and the width? A 5+2 offset and a 7” wide wheel is the norm. If your having clearance issues up front then maybe they are 6+1? Set in to far for a 7” wide wheel where as the stock wheels are more inset than the rear to make it square but are also a narrower wheel than 7” and the stock rear wheel is wider than the usual 7” wide aftermarket wheel.

2” in front and 1” in the rear will have it looking pretty ridiculous.

You do have to take into consideration if a rub is happening on jack stands as that replicates the real world of the travel going up and down. Also does it rub turning to full lock one direction and the other.

Depending on the offset and wheel width, you may need a 1” up front and a 2” in the rear.

That pic looks way closer than the norm!

Reactions: DLX2

· Registered
335 Posts
That is to close for comfort! I will get a pic of my clearance tomorrow.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is incorrect information because being that it’s not a square set up from factory, the fact is that it is wider on the front than the rear. When you use wheels front and rear that are the same offset as you are doing then to square it up you only need spacers on the rear. 1” spacers will square it up or pretty close. Some use 1.5 to make it a scoosh wider on the rear.

What is the offset of the wheels, and the width? A 5+2 offset and a 7” wide wheel is the norm. If your having clearance issues up front then maybe they are 6+1? Set in to far for a 7” wide wheel where as the stock wheels are more inset than the rear to make it square but are also a narrower wheel than 7” and the stock rear wheel is wider than the usual 7” wide aftermarket wheel.

2” in front and 1” in the rear will have it looking pretty ridiculous.

You do have to take into consideration if a rub is happening on jack stands as that replicates the real world of the travel going up and down. Also does it rub turning to full lock one direction and the other.

Depending on the offset and wheel width, you may need a 1” up front and a 2” in the rear.

That pic looks way closer than the norm!
Just looked at my order and I was sent the incorrect rims. Great!!! I was sent 14x7 4x110 51mm which is 6+1. I ordered 14x7 4x110 36mm which is 5+2 can't return them now since they have been mounted. Wonderful. All make sense why it's that close.

· Rock Crawler
3,953 Posts
Just looked at my order and I was sent the incorrect rims. Great!!! I was sent 14x7 4x110 51mm which is 6+1. I ordered 14x7 4x110 36mm which is 5+2 can't return them now since they have been mounted. Wonderful. All make sense why it's that close.
Damn that’s a bummer, gotta just drop some cash on spacers for both ends and yes be sure to get the same stud size and thread pitch.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn that’s a bummer, gotta just drop some cash on spacers for both ends and yes be sure to get the same stud size and thread pitch.
Lol probably better off trying to sell the rims and order the correct ones and make sure before I mount tires that they are the what I ordered. Know anyone who needs some new rims haha.

· Rock Crawler
3,953 Posts
Lol probably better off trying to sell the rims and order the correct ones and make sure before I mount tires that they are the what I ordered. Know anyone who needs some new rims haha.
Polaris forum!

Reactions: Mainegrizz660

· Rock Crawler
3,953 Posts
1” front 2” rear will put you at the same place as the 5+2 wheels

Reactions: rmweber

· Registered
2022 x2 850 rspec 1mile 2019 honda passport touring 07 grizz 660
462 Posts
I would contact that company an get the right ones they should take them back it was there fault not urs

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ordered the correct rims this time. With 5+2 offset they fit perfect. Only issue I'm running into now is the center cap for the new rims is too shallow to fit over the axle nut. I was thinking on adding a 1 inch spacers to the front and 2 inch spacers on the rear. Do you think that'll be close to square?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts