Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have an rmax4 1000 Limited edition and just bought the oem glass windshield/wiper setup. Removed firewall and I am trying to route wiring for the wiper through the firewall, under the dash, and to the driver side ROPs as instructed. However, under the dash is completely covered Instructions do not say to remove interior panels or drill extra holes etc. no videos anywhere on how to do this. Any pictures, video, or help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
151 Posts
No , don't remove dash. Just push wires through towards where front Roll cage comes through plastic. Grab them and pull it through. It's super easy , you are overthinkin it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No , don't remove dash. Just push wires through towards where front Roll cage comes through plastic. Grab them and pull it through. It's super easy , you are overthinkin it.
Thanks for the reply. That’s what I was worried about! I am sure it’s right in front of me but I am having a hard time seeing where I can get the plug end through any opening. does it actually go under dash?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
151 Posts
Not really under dash. Just right through fire wall
( remove firewall) and push towards roll cage bar.

Maybe take a stiff pc of wire , and stick it through crack by cage from top down , and you should see it coming through firewall.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX4 LE
111 Posts
Wiper wires go under the dash towards the drivers side A-Pillar. From under the hood, you route it under there and it comes up in the gap between the A-Pillar and the hood plastics.

You’ll do the same for the washer hose but on the passenger side.

Then the plastic windshield mounts bolt the A-pillars and there is a routing cutout for both the wires and washer hose.

I’d send pictures but I’m away from home. Hope this helps.

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wiper wires go under the dash towards the drivers side A-Pillar. From under the hood, you route it under there and it comes up in the gap between the A-Pillar and the hood plastics.

You’ll do the same for the washer hose but on the passenger side.

Then the plastic windshield mounts bolt the A-pillars and there is a routing cutout for both the wires and washer hose.

I’d send pictures but I’m away from home. Hope this helps.
maybe pictures later, when you are able? I will be doing this soon (I hope) also. Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had already buttoned down my driver's side A pillar adapter, but here are a couple photos that may help. The first pic is the passenger's side A pillar adapter, and you can see the channel where the juicer line is supposed to go. The last pic shows where the power and juicer line should come out to the control box once you're finished.

I had to tear apart my windshield A pillars and re-route the lines through the suntop. It wasn't too difficult. I just used a long zip tie taped to the end of the power cable plug and snaked it through. Same for the juicer line. I used some electrical tape over the channels to help keep the lines in place while I wrestled the plastic A pillar frames back in place.

(Thanks Polhammer for confirming that the dealer routed my wiring & tubing incorrectly)

·
Registered
111 Posts
The wires fit in the gap there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I r

I routed them all with just the firewall panel pulled off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts