Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Ouray Colorado, the UTV punishment heaven in the southwest part of the state. From desert, to rock, to snow and ice fields, we have it all, mostly uphill. River crossings too, but not much mud bogging, or swap riding. I use my SxS for work (snow plowing, hauling feed, and firewood) and for play (jeep trails, mountain passes). I started with an Arctic Cat Prowler 650 H1 auto. The prowler did everything I asked it to do, but has many hours on it. I just replaced the Prowler with a Wolverine X2 - Rspec. To the Wolverine I added a snow plow mount, and a winch with synthetic cable. Just getting the Wolverine broke-in as of March 2019. I usually do all of the maintenance, repairs, and installations myself. Not sure how that will work with a complex machine like the Wolverine X2. I worked for many years building and upgrading industrial plants (steel mills) which taught me a great deal about equipment operating in extreme conditions.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hello back from Olathe, your my 1st real neighbor on here. You won’t have any trouble working on your buggy with your background and all the info on this site. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,875 Posts
I don't expect you'll have any problems. The biggest part of this machine is getting access to what you need and want to reach. The box doesn't tip so the box RE & RE process is a learning curve. Also gaining access under the center console which should come out the easiest once its figured out. I have to figure mine out but I don't like pulling on plastic in very cold weather can be an expensive adventure & costly learning mistake so its best to wait for warm weather as I am. There is a lot of info here but a lot more will appear once x2 owners get out driving them this summer. They're fairly new yet.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you live in some awesome 4X4 country that's for sure! When you have a chance please fill in your signature block with your Wolverines info so guys on here know what model you have. Looking forward to your photos later this summer when the backcountry sheds a little winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts