Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all Just got my 2016 Wolverine. Took her out for a 80 test ride Saturday. Had a ball. She still stock but new tires/wheels, mirrors to start. Most likely a windshield will be forth coming.

The last 20+ yrs. have been on Harleys. So this is a big change...... loving it!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Living in Idaho we have a wide verity of riding conditions. I went to the south hills by Twin Falls ID. I have barely made a dent in the trails. This is a good area to learn the handling traits and break in period for Willy. Yes I have named her. Sweet Willy. :cool: Heading back up again today. Miles of smiles ahead.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
There are a million places to ride throughout Idaho that offer varied levels for our 50+ machines. our riding is here in the west side and we would be happy to show you around, either day rides or camping at the trucks and off from there.
although we need to get more photos up, take a look at these photo links for one of the rides we recently did. Idaho Turbo Diesels camp in the woods, summer 2015. - Idaho Turbo Diesels

our riding varies on the time of year from mnt's to desert. we ride all year around as well.

Idaho UTV Club | Idaho UTV club headquarters! this link may be of interest as well. id utv always has a ride in the works. [sticky link so click it till it goes]

look fwd to riding with you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Muddy Thanks for the web site. I see there is a Twin Falls chapter. I saw on one of the threads at the site where they were showing a dust mask for sale. While riding with someone else is nice. I don't think I will be a group rider... not over 1 or 2 others and only when I can wait for the dust to settle before following. Unless I am wrong but on larger groups that wouldn't work. My riding style changes for hr to hr. Site seeing to yeeehaw riding. Thanks and I hope to see you on the trails sometime.

Thank you for the welcome blue-eyes.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
we mostly go out when the riders are small in number. riders are spread out so dust is not an issue and people use good trail etiquette and wait for those following at intersections. only 1 time with id utv was there a dust issue due to powder bowls and the wind not blowing in the correct direction on a section of the return trip. that dust was hard to avoid. normally there is not a problem, and like you I refuse to hang close and breathe the dust or subject my passenger to that as well as my wolverines air filter.

most of the itd club rides are small groups as well, 3 or 4 machines usually. like you we have varied stages of riding.

we have some camp trips in the works soon. get the camper and wolverine ready and join us! it would be a pleasure to have you at our local events.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we mostly go out when the riders are small in number. riders are spread out so dust is not an issue and people use good trail etiquette and wait for those following at intersections. only 1 time with id utv was there a dust issue due to powder bowls and the wind not blowing in the correct direction on a section of the return trip. that dust was hard to avoid. normally there is not a problem, and like you I refuse to hang close and breathe the dust or subject my passenger to that as well as my wolverines air filter.

most of the itd club rides are small groups as well, 3 or 4 machines usually. like you we have varied stages of riding.

we have some camp trips in the works soon. get the camper and wolverine ready and join us! it would be a pleasure to have you at our local events.
I am looking at trailers/toyhaulers/campers. It will be a while before I write another large check for toys. Unfortunately. I see daggers in the wife's eyes every time I start talking about tents.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.