Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to the forum, bought my machine 2 days ago, have not decided if I like it yet or not, ive always been a Polaris Ranger man {owned 3}, and this is definantly different, I guess when I take it to the trails in a few days ill
be able to tell more, done started putting options on. I enjoy building them more than I do riding them:D

·
Registered
718 Posts
Welcome aboard. You're gonna lose some of the work abilities from what the Ranger has, but for trail riding, these are amazing. With the wide stance and shocks, it rides like a Cadillac on the trails. I have zero regrets over my purchase compared to what's available out there.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mimeeks3, the bed is what worries me a little for working and hunting, because I mainly hunt with it, but I got a basket I can slide into the hitch to make up the room, so I hope it will work out good

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
welcome to the forum,i traded my polaris midsize for my wolverine and have no regrets so far.it's nice to put in 4x4 and know it's in even if you have to stop to put it in, I do miss the hinged box and the midsize was a lot easier to work on and polaris seemed to have more parts and accessories available than Yamaha but it is in it's first year so that might change.i think you will enjoy the ride and handling of the wolverine.

·
Registered
718 Posts
thanks mimeeks3, the bed is what worries me a little for working and hunting, because I mainly hunt with it, but I got a basket I can slide into the hitch to make up the room, so I hope it will work out good
The bed has a 300 lb capacity so it's good to haul deer, but any bigger game might be an issue. I don't use mine to work or hunt, and bought it purely as a toy, but for that it's a blast!

Reactions: Ryder

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
ive always been a Polaris Ranger man {owned 3}, I enjoy building them more than I do riding them:D
Building them is a Polaris term for Repairing them ;) Just jerking your chain brother

I think you'll find that you will love the dependability and comfortable ride of a Yamaha, what you'll miss is the huge aftermarket parts and accessories.

Welcome to the Forum and please share pics of your adventures with the new ride!

·
Registered
2022 Rmax 2 Sport
220 Posts
Welcome to the Wolverine club!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
But the deer down there only weigh like 60lbs, you should be able to fit like 3-4 in the bed of the Wolverine HAHAHAHA!! (Joking, but the deer are smaller down in your neck of the woods) I just sold my 07 Rhino 600 and hauled quite a few deer out with it. NEVER used the dump box....we just dragged them from the bed of the Rhino to the bed of the pickup's. It will be PLENTY capable for hunting. I know I had a 194lb dressed buck on the back of my 11' Sportsman 500 H.O. and that's only rated for about 120-160lbs? You wont have any problems brother. I picked mine up last night but it was WAY to cold to ride (8deg) so I hope to get out this weekend for some time on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats and good luck with the machine. Noticed they changed the seats on yours?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Congrats and good luck with the machine. Noticed they changed the seats on yours?
Looks like he has a base model Wolverine with some add-ons. I don't think it is an rspec. The base model doesn't have the high back seats, no piggyback shocks, I didn't think they came with a roof?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes its the base wolverine, not the rspec, but I got a steel on it, couldn't turn it down, I added roof, installed winch yesterday
installed windshield tonight, got a 50in lightbar coming

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
You can always get some YXZ seat takeoff's cheap :D Seems almost everyone is taking the stock seats out to put in aftermarket seats and harness.
You have a source for the YXZ takeoff stuff. I don't think many have been sold around here. Pretty heavy RZR territory.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.