Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed a factory yamaha heater system in my Rmax X2 early this winter, works great when it's cold.
Today was the first time I had it out for a 65 mile run and temp was 74 degrees. Well now I can feel a lot of heat coming up under drivers seat, it did get quite warm in the cab, heater fan completly turned off and vents closed.

So now my next project is to install a water shut off valve in the 5/8' heater hose coming from the engine to the heater, that should help alot in the summer months.
Just a heads up, if you are going to install a heater I would also install a heater control valve.

Thanks
kenner

·
Premium Member
2021 Yamaha RMAX2 1000
28 Posts
I installed a factory yamaha heater system in my Rmax X2 early this winter, works great when it's cold.
Today was the first time I had it out for a 65 mile run and temp was 74 degrees. Well now I can feel a lot of heat coming up under drivers seat, it did get quite warm in the cab, heater fan completly turned off and vents closed.

So now my next project is to install a water shut off valve in the 5/8' heater hose coming from the engine to the heater, that should help alot in the summer months.
Just a heads up, if you are going to install a heater I would also install a heater control vale.

Thanks
kenner
I was looking at amazon today on this very subject. They have a really nice in line valve to shut off the hot water and it's set up to put a manual cable on it for heat adjustment. It was only about $15.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I also am considering this if it wasn’t for lack of room under the tunnel I would put a 3 way valve in before the thermostat bypass tee and another hose and tee in. I still have the thermostat in the head. I just don’t have the room to make that work. It looked good on paper and if it got cold at night just turn the valve. Doing it this way I would be bypassing my 2nd thermostat and using the one in the head the heater would be cool.

·
Registered
754 Posts

Just a heads up, if you are going to install a heater I would also install a heater control valve.

Thanks
kenner
Yep did that when I installed my OEM heater.
IMG_3975.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was looking at amazon today on this very subject. They have a really nice in line valve to shut off the hot water and it's set up to put a manual cable on it for heat adjustment. It was only about $15.
Would you happen to have a link to it you could share? TIA

·
Premium Member
2021 Yamaha RMAX2 1000
28 Posts
Would you happen to have a link to it you could share? TIA
The Amazon ASIN # is B001B7BUAU. Just plug that number into the amazon search engine and it comes right up. When you click on the picture it brings up the cable and stuff as often purchased together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts