Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Holy overkill Batman!!!!
Not really - they are used on various vehicle's to chase down and catch scrub bulls and buffalo, which are worth big money and can only be done in the dry season.

My 850 after after seven days and 700 klms (435 miles) in similar country chasing pigs. It was faultless expect for one torn rear cv boot. We replaced it yesterday with a new assembly as it was very noisy.

Usually we see a few scrub bulls but not this time. Have a look at this - Outback Ringer

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not really - they are used on various vehicle's to chase down and catch scrub bulls and buffalo, which are worth big money and can only be done in the dry season.
Yeah, it didn't look like bling to me although I wasn't aware of its purpose... thanks for sharing. Looking at the size of those animals, I'm not sure a UTV is the right vehicle for catching the notoriously nasty tempered "scrubbers".

·
Registered
4,368 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
May not be a bad idea:

Choot em.
People are amazing with there selfish desire to keep wild animals as pets.
Reminds me of the woman that had an Orangutan in her house for years and then one day it decided to eat her face off! She lived but probably wished she hadn’t!

About 40 miles from my home in Ridgeway CO not to many years ago a woman was feeding numerous bears dog food in her back yard in town. She was warned many times but it went on for several years. Finally she decided they were all her pets and got to comfortable with them. Neeedless to say, she isn’t with us anymore!

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
1,345 Posts
Reminds me of the woman that had an Orangutan in her house for years and then one day it decided to eat her face off! She lived but probably wished she hadn’t!

About 40 miles from my home in Ridgeway CO not to many years ago a woman was feeding numerous bears dog food in her back yard in town. She was warned many times but it went on for several years. Finally she decided they were all her pets and got to comfortable with them. Neeedless to say, she isn’t with us anymore!
Look at the guns on those rooos Ya l think they can do some damage 😳
Sky Nature Human body Branch Tree

·
Registered
3,462 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts

About 40 miles from my home in Ridgeway CO not to many years ago a woman was feeding numerous bears dog food in her back yard in town.
You know what a chimpanzees first reaction when they go crazy from being kept locked up? If your a guy they go straight for your testicles and pull them off. At least that's what most wildlife documentaries say.

We've got a elderly couple 5 miles down the road feeding a bear on their back deck. Conservation got on to them. I hope they stopped for their safety.

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
1,345 Posts
You know what a chimpanzees first reaction when they go crazy from being kept locked up? If your a guy they go straight for your testicles and pull them off. At least that's what most wildlife documentaries say.

We've got a elderly couple 5 miles down the road feeding a bear on their back deck. Conservation got on to them. I hope they stopped for their safety.
And for some of us that's not much of a reach for the chimpanzee 😳
Cartoon Sleeve Gesture Thumb Finger

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
1,345 Posts
That is ridiculous.

If it was thick enough to protect that much metal would weight a ton.

If it is that thin enough to not be too heavy then I would imagine it's not strong enough to do much except bend all to heck if you took a hit on it anywhere.

I am sure he put a lot of work into it. I think it's his ride and money. I've always felt customize away make it yours 😎👍

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
That is ridiculous.

If it was thick enough to protect that much metal would weight a ton.

If it is that thin enough to not be too heavy then I would imagine it's not strong enough to do much except bend all to heck if you took a hit on it anywhere.

This is actually common place in Australia.
At the debut of the X model one of our Aussie members posted pics of a similar setup he had custom made for his machine.
My instinct was the same as yours but I think they drive through all kinds of tall grass and brush that isn’t extremely heavy. He later posted about tearing the machine apart to clean out all the dry debris trapped inside so it wouldn’t catch fire and or rot and decay in there.
I do have to say the front doesn’t look squatted. Assuming they haven’t added preload. Probably very thin material.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts