Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a Wolverine & wondering about hauling it. Currently I have an Explorer that I tow jetski/boat with & want to haul both the Wolverine & either the jetski or boat back & forth from SC to NC. I've been looking at crew cab trucks & know that I'll have to go up in truck size from the F150 I was looking at to get it in the bed since crew cab's come with the short bed. Anyone know if it will fit in a F250 or F350 LWB bed? Would like to have conventional bed instead of having to go with a flat bed. I checked the neighbors Dodge 3500 & only has 60" at rear of bed & read that the rock sliders are at 62.5", haven't checked my friends GMC/Chevy trucks yet, would rather have my Ford truck.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I think a flatbed is the way to go ,I can get the front onto the truck(dodge 3500) box,but the back tires sit at the back end of the tailgate and can't get my ramps out and would put to much weight on the tailgate. it fits on my old dodge,but can't open the doors with the cab on.i used to load my polaris midsize in my truck bed,but found it awkward to get get in and out of machine and also climbing up on bed was no fun.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
This might be cheaper than buying a new truck and you would still have your truck box to stash your gear. Scroll down the page a ways to see utv options.

https://diamondbackcovers.com/atv-carrier/atv-carrier/

There may be other manufacturers, this place came up first in my google search for "top of the bed utv hauler"

·
Registered
385 Posts
Where did you decide to ride at Hatfield 'so this week?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like that loader Roadymi, thanks for that link. I didn't want to have to go up to a LWB superduty when I won't be towing that much so I could get one of the Ecoboot F150's & still get decent mpg,also easier for us to get into as both of us have had a bunch spinal fusions & stepping higher is hard. Also gives me room to stash the kayaks & luggage in the bed still so we don't have to take 2 cars each time we go back & forth from SC to NC with the toys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like that loader Roadymi, thanks for that link. I didn't want to have to go up to a LWB superduty when I won't be towing that much so I could get one of the Ecoboot F150's & still get decent mpg,also easier for us to get into as both of us have had a bunch spinal fusions & stepping higher is hard. Also gives me room to stash the kayaks & luggage in the bed still so we don't have to take 2 cars each time we go back & forth from SC to NC with the toys.
When you tow with an ecoboost, you get towing mileage. You have plenty of power, but you will only get towing type mileage. I use to get around 10mpg when towing a tongue pull or 5th wheel.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Where did you decide to ride at Hatfield 'so this week?
Sadly I didn't end up getting the job so the job search continues and the trip plans postponed. I can't justify running up the credit card while drawing unemployment.

Reactions: atkbike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only time I'll be towing is 3-4 times a year,rest of the time it will be a daily driver, don't want big truck mpg when I'll only tow very rarely & driving around town 99% of the time. Will only be the wolverine,luggage,guns & small boat when towing & all highway. The guns may weigh me down LOL. Girlfriend asked me how many toys do I need,as much as I can afford would be the correct answer, just need to hit that $1.3 billion lottery

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The only time I'll be towing is 3-4 times a year,rest of the time it will be a daily driver, don't want big truck mpg when I'll only tow very rarely & driving around town 99% of the time. Will only be the wolverine,luggage,guns & small boat when towing & all highway. The guns may weigh me down LOL. Girlfriend asked me how many toys do I need,as much as I can afford would be the correct answer, just need to hit that $1.3 billion lottery
have you thought about an inflatable boat that you can just throw in your truck or side x side?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
Apparently this is a normal thing in California 2 quads and a tool box in the bed IMG_20140423_114940_721.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
And the guy probably thinks he's very clever coming up with that idea, too! He had to stand back afterwards and say "yep, that'll work".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts