Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Hatfields and McCoys

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Ryder 
#1 ·
A short clip from our Feb 2016 ride.

Reactions: bowhunter and Ryder
#4 · (Edited)
Dogrunner2...........We were there just the 2 days. Had to squeeze the trip in between my buddy's sons basketball games. Didn't see a place called the Corner Shop. Where is that located? We were staying in Bramwell and drove into Bluefield in the evenings for supper.

Ryder.........We rode 81 miles day 1 and 74 miles day 2. The snow and ice slowed us down some but scenery was beautiful and the hills were a fun challenge. My buddy was in bad truck accident 3 years ago and lost a leg and about 50% use of one arm. He gets pretty sore if we ride too hard.

I don't know if you saw the still pics? They are posted at the end of my other Hatfield thread.

You could easily spend a week there on the HM trails + the outlaw trails and not see everything. We didn't venture onto any outlaw trails. Some of the holes were covered with ice and snow and you couldn't tell they were there until you fell through. They aren't very deep on the HM trails. We heard stories about how deep some holes are on the outlaw trails.

#7 ·
Everything there is 2 way.......you proceed around the hairpins with caution.........at least I did.......They don't provide guardrails.

#8 ·
Is that the cafe on the corner? we saw that but it was closed when we were by there. Seems many places have limited hours during the winter. We did eat at the Buffalo Trail Resort restaurant.......a little more pricey but excellent food, beer, and service.

#10 ·
Cool vid thanks for posting. Up until now I've just used my atvs and utvs for work or hunting and have never ventured out to the trails. What does one carry in regards to emergency equipment, in case you have a problem? And I guess what do you carry with you in general? Thanks

#11 ·
Between my Buddy and I we normally have the following especially if we are far from home: Spare front tire, hi-lift jack, small 12 v compressor, tire plug kit, first aid kit, 4 way lug wrench, bottle of slime, basic tool kit, zip ties, electrical tape, duct tape, rain gear, extra cold weather gear when it's below freezing (in case we were to get wet), we both have installed winches, tow strap, bungee straps, small gas can. snacks and water.

Reactions: Ryder
#13 ·
I have Verizon and had service a lot of the time......certainly not all of the time though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.