Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK fellas from the area. My buddy and I want to head down for a few days next week before I start a new job. Its just over 500 miles from here.
What trails should we aim for? We plan on 2 days of riding. We have lots of easy trails here so we want to do some more technical stuff but not death defying.

My buddy has a prosthetic leg so we will prefer handicap accessible lodging if you have any suggestions. (he needs to be able to shower...I really don't want to bathe him!)

We both have wolverines eps, he is bone stock I have 2" lift and 26" STI outback tires

·
Registered
103 Posts
I always ride the 3 Southern systems; Pocohantas, Indian Ridge and Pinnacle Creek, which are connected. Several ATV friendly towns for eats,gas,etc.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I like Twin Hollow campground. Ramps into the cabins and are really nice inside. On top of a mountain and very good view. The trailhead dumps directly into campground. Rock House trail system has nice trails that can be challenging at times.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The trails I mentioned in the recluse clutch thread Were rochhouse it could be a two day ride itself, not too demanding but it has it all if you want it. second one is bear wallow a great bunch of heavy blue trails and both trail heads are very close to each other. As for lodging there is a State of WV conference center called Chief Logan Lodge its a 4 star resort and offers great rates to ATV riders, this month all queen rooms are $50.00 per night. we have stayed there before and are staying there next week ourselves we will be riding the 14th 15th 16th. The three southern trails that Dog Runner2 mentioned are also very nice, the entire Hatfield system is great. If you decide on Chief Logan Lodge you have to call them for that rate cause all online bookings do not reflect the special rate. Welcome to WV:cool:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I always ride the 3 Southern systems; Pocohantas, Indian Ridge and Pinnacle Creek, which are connected. Several ATV friendly towns for eats,gas,etc.
These are the trails to hit. If its your first time down there, stay on the trail system. Once you get familiar with the area, the outlaw trails are where to go.

Unfortunately you can't get to those 3 trail heads from Twin Hallow, but those are great cabins to stay in. Wayne takes great care of the place and its the best view down there.

Twin Hallow is on the RockHouse trail which is my least favorite trail. It really beats up your machine. SO ROCKY! You can trailer to the others but thats no fun.

There is always ashland. That is where we stay now. Better outlaw trails, access to Pocohantas, Indian Ridge and Pinnacle Creek.

Good luck. Its so fun down there.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Ashland, WV ?? Where do you stay in Ashland.

·
Registered
385 Posts
There is also buffalo mt. Which is in Williamson wv. You can stay and ride trails without trailering. But for the best riding several days without trailering Wolfe is 100% correct. Ashland is a great place to stay.:cool:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hay Wolfe where is this riders paridise, is that part of that wagon wheel which leads to the outlaw trails?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'very been out there in places that water was damn deep, a hell of a lot deeper than pocohantis. But a great ride

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What are the "outlaw" trails?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I see you found same water hole I was talking about. LOL. Roadymi for the first trip here I would stay with marked trails just saying. But if you're looking for adventure go for it.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Wolfe do you do the Hotrodforums fall and spring rides ?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wolfe do you do the Hotrodforums fall and spring rides ?
I am not familiar with that forum so I do not. We go to WV in the fall and spring and a few trips to my friends property in southern Ohio in between to satisfy the riding bug. He has a couple hundred acres that we have cut trails on.

Where are those rides that you speak of?

·
Banned
420 Posts
I have yet to go on one, but I know a lot of the guys stay at Ashland and crumpler for the ride. They ride the outlaw trails. You can check it out on hotrodforums. Along with this forum it is a great forum. Hoping to attend the spring ride. Work keeps getting in the dam way.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have yet to go on one, but I know a lot of the guys stay at Ashland and crumpler for the ride. They ride the outlaw trails. You can check it out on hotrodforums. Along with this forum it is a great forum. Hoping to attend the spring ride. Work keeps getting in the dam way.
Will do. We will be down in April. If you are going, let me know the days and I will keep an eye out for a crazy ******* in a white wolverine. :)

·
Banned
420 Posts
Aw rite den.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts