Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 X4 Xt-r, Super ATV full poly windshield
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day one was fun, we arrived at two and were riding Indian Ridge by 3. As it's our first trip here, celebrating our first year together, we're just relaxing in blues and greens. Today I think we're headed to pocahontas, I'll update this thread with photos and hopefully some video.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I sent you a message.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
244 Posts
Warrior is the best of those in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
532 Posts
Be sure to eat at the corner shop in bramwell. Great burgers and shakes.
Just ate lunch there on Friday, totally agree !

Reactions: Doc T and Paul65

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Breakfast there is great when Mom is cooking.

Reactions: Doc T

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wrong turn pizza was good! Cheese steak pizza was delicious!

Reactions: Doc T

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Day two was a blast, rode pocahontas all morning and early afternoon. Came back to camp for a couple beers and a sandwich before taking a rip here at Indian Ridge. I think I like IR better than poca. Little rockier and tighter I guess. Some fun hills too! We're seeing rain and snow flakes today so we'll likely just ride here where we can get back and warned up easier. I've got lots of video to work with and she's been taking pictures. Weather will slow me down a little but it won't stop me..

·
Registered
244 Posts
Glad you are having a great time there. We go multiple times a year now because it is so much fun!

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I’ll be there tomorrow. 😎

·
Registered
922 Posts
Weekend Wolverine Warriors will wander the wondrous WV wonderland this way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What cabins are those? thinking of heading out there maybe this fall and that looks like a nice setup.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What cabins are those? thinking of heading out there maybe this fall and that looks like a nice setup.
Ashland Resort. Right on the Indian Ridge trails. Northfork, WV

Reactions: Mad Dog_037

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Nice video! I recognized most of that. That trail you entered at the 4:28 mark is one I'll never forget. My first trip to WV was on a Polaris Sportsman ATV. It had been raining for a few days and the trails were very greasy with thick mud, I was sliding all over going up (starting at the 5:05 mark). It was quite a thrill and one of the reasons I got hooked. All trails change with weather, you had a nice weather ride in your video.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice video! I recognized most of that. That trail you entered at the 4:28 mark is one I'll never forget. My first trip to WV was on a Polaris Sportsman ATV. It had been raining for a few days and the trails were very greasy with thick mud, I was sliding all over going up (starting at the 5:05 mark). It was quite a thrill and one of the reasons I got hooked. All trails change with weather, you had a nice weather ride in your video.
Yep, trail 10. It's a shame how even the best cameras don't really give you a feel for how steep hills like that really are.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Headed back to Ashland Resort May 17th and 18th..anybody going to be around? I had some potential riding buddies but now it looks like I'm going solo. HMU if you're in the area!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts