Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone added 4 point harness in the wolverine yet
would probably need to add a harness bar like in the rhino

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I have Pro Armor harnesses (p/n A114220) and the retainer strap (p/n A110111) coming in tomorrow and they should be installed this weekend after I install the clutch kit (Finally). Check out the "Anyone looked at 4 point harnesses?" thread. It doesn't look like the harness bar will be necessary . I'll try to post some pics once I get mine installed.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Just remembered I never posted these pics. No harness bar required. I removed all factory restraints and used existing hardware and holes, didn't have to buy anything except harnesses and retainer strap mentioned above.

IMG_3209.JPG IMG_3214.JPG

·
Banned
420 Posts
What did you do with wire that goes to the seatbelt light ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just remembered I never posted these pics. No harness bar required. I removed all factory restraints and used existing hardware and holes, didn't have to buy anything except harnesses and retainer strap mentioned above.

View attachment 6954 View attachment 6962
shoulder straps looks like they would be to high for me, I would set my bar below my shoulders to keep me from sliding up in the harness in case of roll over

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
They are fully adjustable. Those pics are of them right after I installed them and hadn't been adjusted at all yet. They adjust just fine to fit me 6'3" 215lbs, my wife at 5'7" at 140lbs, down to my 13 y/o son which is around 5'6" and 110lbs.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
They are fully adjustable. Those pics are of them right after I installed them and hadn't been adjusted at all yet. They adjust just fine to fit me 6'3" 215lbs, my wife at 5'7" at 140lbs, down to my 13 y/o son which is around 5'6" and 110lbs.
I think the point Clint was trying to make is that while they may adjust and feel snug you want shoulder belts to come UP and over your shoulders not DOWN over your shoulders to do the best job of holding you in place.

·
Registered
395 Posts
No harness. I am sticking with the OEM belt. Those ProArmor belts look well done if you are are riding the slow rocky stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mrdwig how did you secure the harness in to the roll cage? Could you post pictures? Looking at getting some for the wife and I

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I just wrapped them around the bar and used the retainer strap (p/n A110111) to keep them from sliding around. I will try to remember to get a pic tonight.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I would be very interested in the harnesses, but I would need to fab something up for the mounting of them. I am pretty short, so I would need to mount the top half of the straps much lower than where you have them mounted.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
What did you do with wire that goes to the seatbelt light ?
I missed this question... I just unplugged it and wire tied it out of the way. It does NOT cause any speed limiter issues or anything like the PoPo's. The seat belt light does stay on though obviously.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I would be very interested in the harnesses, but I would need to fab something up for the mounting of them. I am pretty short, so I would need to mount the top half of the straps much lower than where you have them mounted.
My Wife is 5'7" and doesn't have any issues and says they are comfortable. I guess you could add a bar across the back fairly easily though if you wanted too. I know guys like them to wrap over the shoulders but the lap belt portion keeps you from coming up out of the seat.

Reactions: Idiot

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
My Wife is 5'7" and doesn't have any issues and says they are comfortable. I guess you could add a bar across the back fairly easily though if you wanted too. I know guys like them to wrap over the shoulders but the lap belt portion keeps you from coming up out of the seat.
Hmmm ok food for thought there. I hate the factory belts so much that I won't even wear it anymore. I'm so damn short the belt hurts my neck, even with it routed down for short people. Plus the crappy slide locking mechanism on the buckle is about useless. These harnesses are definitely on my list now lol.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I have looked into this more, and am seeing an awful lot of guys recommending a 5-point harness over a 4, due to submarining from a front end collision. Also they noticed the harnesses riding up to high as the day do goes on because the 5th point isn't there to hold them down. Any thoughts on this? I noticed Pro-Armor also has the 5-point model of your harness, for slightly more, but I wonder about attaching it with out seats, since the bottom pops out for easy access...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have looked into this more, and am seeing an awful lot of guys recommending a 5-point harness over a 4, due to submarining from a front end collision. Also they noticed the harnesses riding up to high as the day do goes on because the 5th point isn't there to hold them down. Any thoughts on this? I noticed Pro-Armor also has the 5-point model of your harness, for slightly more, but I wonder about attaching it with out seats, since the bottom pops out for easy access...
I'm one of those that are in favor of the full 5 point harness. I prefer the shoulder straps to be a bit loose, such that it is possible to twist a bit in the seat in order to look toward the rear or lean out of the cab a little bit to see alongside. It is also just plain more comfortable. The crotch strap simply keeps the lap belt from riding up and holding you back, through the soft under-belly. The lap belt should be pulling down and not back. With the crotch strap secured, it will be snug across your pelvic bone structure.

These pictures are from my install in an '04 Rhino. The general principle should be applicable to anything remotely similar. When I first did this, I simply used an extra long Tee plate, similar to the plate that anchors your lap belt to the bolts in the frame. I bolted it down under the seat anchor post and it stuck out far enough for the strap not to interfere with the seat hold-down latch. The pictures show a fabricated anchor plate that has a thin sheet metal clasp that provides additional vertical stiffness by grasping the bottom of the front under-seat cross plate. The sheet metal clasp is spot-welded onto the bottom of the thicker anchor plate itself. The lacing of the crotch strap webbing has to be done such that the webbing does not interfere with the handle of the seat hold-down latch. Not really a big deal, as the harness will hold both you and the seat down in place in the case of a rollover.

Food for thought. This anchoring has been done in many different ways. Ranging from bolting to the floor to additional crossbar tubing being welded into the machine.

5 pt crotch strap anchor:

5 pt crotch strap lacing:

Tee plate alternative:

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I actually received the 5th strap even though I ordered 4 point harnesses (Guess they goofed when boxing them up). I personally do not feel the need for it. It would be easy to add the 5th point bracket like Steve said if you really wanted it though. Just not something I feel is necessary for us.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts