Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine X2 XT-R
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought these looked good. Supposedly universal between revolver and pistol. If they warranty these like they do their mirrors, you'll never need to buy another one.

Thanks saw that but I am not willing to give up my passenger seat. That is an add-on for their rifle holder. I was thinking if I can mount it another way, it might work. Like mount it to the side of the console.

·
Registered
2022 RMAX4 XTR, Freedom UTV Glass windshield, Trail Armor UHMW Skids and A Arm Guards
656 Posts
These hold great in the car but I’ve honestly never used one in a SxS. When riding I always keep it in the holster. On long road trips I have one of these mounted in the car and it’s easy to pop it on if I want it out if the holster. Yes I’m aware of the possibility it could become dislocated from the magnet in the event of a crash before the safety police chime in. They seem to Hold really well. I’ve had no issues with a Glock 19, Glock 22 or my Sig P320 Carry or the Sig P365 all fully loaded to +1 capacity.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
These hold great in the car but I’ve honestly never used one in a SxS. When riding I always keep it in the holster. On long road trips I have one of these mounted in the car and it’s easy to pop it on if I want it out if the holster. Yes I’m aware of the possibility it could become dislocated from the magnet in the event of a crash before the safety police chime in. They seem to Hold really well. I’ve had no issues with a Glock 19, Glock 22 or my Sig P320 Carry or the Sig P365 all fully loaded to +1 capacity.

The magnet would be handy.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Thanks saw that but I am not willing to give up my passenger seat. That is an add-on for their rifle holder. I was thinking if I can mount it another way, it might work. Like mount it to the side of the console.
I figured it could be mounted to the console or dash but you'd have to screw it in but I don't know. Have you thought just holstering the gun to yourself?

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine X2 XT-R
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figured it could be mounted to the console or dash but you'd have to screw it in but I don't know. Have you thought just holstering the gun to yourself?
That is what I have been doing, but I would like to figure out a way to mount my Blackhawk holster.

·
Registered
2022 RMAX4 XTR, Freedom UTV Glass windshield, Trail Armor UHMW Skids and A Arm Guards
656 Posts
Magnets are cool but not if you get in an accident.
Same can be said for most holsters on the market unless they use active retention like thumb breaks, retention straps or mechanical locks. Now if that style of active retention is used then it will certainly fair much better in the event of an accident. Most holsters designed for everyday carry are passive retention or use a retention screw at most. I carry a higher end Kydex from a company called NSR tactical. It is a very good EDC holster with passive retention and a retention screw adjustment (in ain’t no uncle mikes) and I will say I firmly believe the sofhold would retain my gun as good or better than if I were to mount my NSR holster to my rig. Of course if active retention such as straps or locks are used then that’s a better system but they are also generally more bulky, more expensive and require much more practice to draw efficiently as well. Lots of options and things to consider really.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I use the magnets from 2A4Life. Put it on the right side above my knee. Very strong. Prob won't work on a revolver.

Reactions: Geo

·
Registered
637 Posts
That is what I have been doing, but I would like to figure out a way to mount my Blackhawk holster.
I have a Blackhawk Serpa for my Glock 19 and used their quick connect system in my Rhino mounted to the center console. I could move it from the Rhino to my duty belt with a simple twist of the device. The controversial Serpa has a mechanical lock that must be released to remove the firearm so it would stay secure in the event of a rollover. I never mounted it in the RMAX since I usually carry the Glock 42 while riding. It could probably be adapted to other holsters and platforms.
Serpa Quick Connect

·
Registered
2021 Canned Ham Maverick Sport Max 1000r
843 Posts
i just switched my seat belts out for a 4 point harness, and it makes carrying on my hip a lot easier. i usually wear cargo shorts or pants when we ride so i always have a belt on. however i have been thinking about wearing lighter weight basketball shorts, which will make the conceal carry harder.. i'm thinking about rigging something up in my console above my steering wheel for a holster. that way it's out of site, but also easily snagged if needed

Reactions: therebel19 and Geo

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine X2 XT-R
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i just switched my seat belts out for a 4 point harness, and it makes carrying on my hip a lot easier. i usually wear cargo shorts or pants when we ride so i always have a belt on. however i have been thinking about wearing lighter weight basketball shorts, which will make the conceal carry harder.. i'm thinking about rigging something up in my console above my steering wheel for a holster. that way it's out of site, but also easily snagged if needed
I will probably mount with my locking Blackawk Serpa. Seems like the way to go.

·
Registered
2021 Canned Ham Maverick Sport Max 1000r
843 Posts
I will probably mount with my locking Blackawk Serpa. Seems like the way to go.

i have heard many good things about that system. practical for off-road usage due to them locking the weapon into the holster and not flinging it

Reactions: Geo
1 - 20 of 40 Posts