Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience or success with overhead gun rack products by Great Day or Kolpin or any other manufacturers? Do you find the gun boot mounts in the back a more practical solution?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have the great day overhead rack on mine and keeps the guns out of the way ,but also use a strap to help hold guns in as have had the Velcro let go and gun fall on my head when hitting a bad bump on the trail,wakes you up .

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the Quick Draw Overhead Gun Rack. Works great.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
I just put my Great Day Quick Draw overhead rack in my Wolverine tonight. I played around with the spacing between the two brackets to hold both an M&P15 and a 12 gauge shotgun. Seems to be well made and installs very easy. I also have the Yamaha gun boot bracket on the rear rack, but when loaded I can't see out the rear view mirror, hopefully the overhead rack works out good.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
still good with a helmet on no problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use the Yamaha gun boot system. The roads can get really dusty on our hunting lease keeping long guns in a boot keeps them clean.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
the rear mount gun boots some what restricted your vision. Good to know. Over head it is then. thanks
You can mount the Yamaha rack at a lower position also but I carry large 5 gallon gas cans and wanted more space in the box for them so I mounted it up high.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts