Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
On the road now or I'd have pics, but I mounted my bow case on the top of the bed. I modified the case with stainless strap hardware and strapped it to the existing tie downs. It is a large mil spec rectangle SKB case so it doubles as a cover for my gear underneath, keeps it secure, and I can just pop the latches and get my bow out. Our ride out to hunt is rough, so I went this way as opposed to having an open rack or soft sided. I have the same modification for my shotgun/ rifle case.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I bought a QUICK DRAW OVERHEAD GUN RACK 15 -23 INCH YAMAHA VIKING CLUB CAR BAD BOY

·
Registered
388 Posts
I just looked up the quick draw gun rack never heard of it till i read this thread. i can't see where they make it for the wolverine. can someone tell me which one to get?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just checked the quick draw. That looks like a better option than the case for birds.....still need the heavy protection for archery though.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I just looked up the quick draw gun rack never heard of it till i read this thread. i can't see where they make it for the wolverine. can someone tell me which one to get?
just measure the distance between the top posts to know what length you need,i had to shorten mine from my ranger

·
Registered
242 Posts
Reactions: chief

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I definitely like the looks of the quickdraw for my guns. I am leaning towards the idea of the bow case mounted to the bed or back of the roll cage for my bow.
Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
32 Posts

This is the factory gun setup. It requires the accessory bar ($150),gun boot mount ($200), and the gun boot itself ($60-$107 each). The Deluxe gun boot has a soft kolpin case that goes inside of the kolpin hard gun case. The only part I don't like about it, is the height. I was hoping that it would be higher up, so I could fit a larger dog kennel/crate underneath the mount. I'm going to use my wolverine for grouse hunting the woods and deer hunting also. The mount system is rock solid and I like that you can remove the rear half of the boot while the front part stays locked into the mount.

·
Registered
242 Posts
QUICK DRAW OVERHEAD GUN RACK 15 -23 INCH. Perfect for my 12 ga pump. It goes on all rides.

rifle rack.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts

This is the factory gun setup. It requires the accessory bar ($150),gun boot mount ($200), and the gun boot itself ($60-$107 each). The Deluxe gun boot has a soft kolpin case that goes inside of the kolpin hard gun case. The only part I don't like about it, is the height. I was hoping that it would be higher up, so I could fit a larger dog kennel/crate underneath the mount. I'm going to use my wolverine for grouse hunting the woods and deer hunting also. The mount system is rock solid and I like that you can remove the rear half of the boot while the front part stays locked into the mount.
Where are you grouse hunting this year? We just got our new pup back from boot camp and will be up near Finland most of the fall. I have the same dilemma. I need to have a crate in back plus the guns. I was thinking maybe having the crate with the boots mounted on top of the crate. Each rider can then have access to their shotgun....a thought in process?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll be chasing birds around Itaska state park MN and the surrounding national forest land. If I get an entire weekend, the forest area around Northome has more birds and less hunters.

I measured the from the bottom of the gun boot to the high point on the ridges in the bed and it leaves me with 21.5 inches of clearance. I have a male vizsla that weighs about 55lbs . I can get a medium dog crate under the factory gun setup Doskocil Pet Taxi, 28"L x 20.5"W x 21.5"H - Walmart.com (like this one). It would be nice to get a large sized carrier with 24 inches of height under the guns, that way my dog can turn around inside the crate. He will fit in the medium, but it will be tight and I'll have to lift him in. If you have a smaller breed such as a Brittany spaniel, you should be fine getting by with the smaller crate. The other option would be to buy a aluminum dog box with top storage such as an owens (Running Boards, Tool Boxes, Dog Boxes, Commercial Use Products - Owens Products, Inc - Sturgis Michigan) and if you have a folding or breakaction gun store it in the top compartment with padding. Just double check the box dimensions so it fits in the cargo area.

·
Registered
242 Posts
After using the QUICK DRAW OVERHEAD GUN RACK 15 -23 INCH for over a year now. It stays in place even on the roughest trails.

·
Registered
43 Posts
wolvy.jpg I have the Yamaha setup. Been really dusty this year and like to keep my firearms as clean as possible. Plus, I have the overhead stereo.
The only thing that is an issue is the fitment for an M&P 10. Works great from my Rem 700 but, I have to bungie the rear covers in place when the wife and I take the ARs. We got the gun boots with the internal/removable case so dust still stays away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts