Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of the other forums I am a part of do group rides periodically. I notice that we seem to have a large amount of people that ride in or around West Virginia.
Would anyone have any interest in getting a ride together? WV, Kentucky and Tennessee are all great places to ride and not out of my realm of driving. Windrock is about a 10 hour drive for me, but I'd love to get back there. Wilderness trails in Kentucky is closing, but there are a ton of trails in Bell and Harlan counties, if someone knew the area. Pennsylvania and Ohio have some decent riding as well.
Just thought I'd throw the idea out and see what you guys think

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would be interested at any southern wv ride

·
Registered
718 Posts
I could be up for that when my work schedule allows. I work swing shift with s lot of overtime so it's hard to plan stuff long term. If one is planned for somewhere in WV, or eastern Ohio, and I can make it, I'd be in. Could possibly get some other friends to come along. Everyone I've rode with has been impressed with the first Wolverine they've seen in the wild, they'd shit when they see a pack lol.

·
Banned
420 Posts
I'm in. Lots of choices here in Ky. And Tn. I've rode Royal Blue, Wildcat, Brimstone and Windrock.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BigDogDaddy, are you familiar with pickett or tacket creek? I have rode the hemsley settlement area and white rocks overlook area ,both are very cool places

·
Banned
420 Posts
Pickett is probably my favorite place to ride. The land was purchased by some lumber company a couple years ago and now you are not suppose to ride there. From what I've heard the are a lot of gates and obstacles cutting off access to trails.

Here are a few of my favorite pics from Pickett.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have friends who were there with Teryx's this spring. It looks like an awesome place to ride. It's real close to Middlesboro, isn't it?

·
Banned
420 Posts
Probably about 1 1/2 hours. 40 minutes from my house.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Did they do the car hauler ?

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I believe they did hit the car hauler. I know other guys who have been there on grizzlies that definitely hit it, but I'm not positive about the teryx guys

·
Banned
420 Posts
Nice place to ride. Trails are pretty tame. Not much technical stuff. Trails are mapped and marked well.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I realize that it's late in the season and a lot of guys are busy hunting or getting ready for winter. Even if we can't get something together until spring, I'm always up for a ride.
I have been on several group rides with the guys from grizzly riders and R&R and I've had the pleasure of sharing the trail with a ton of great people. Hopefully we can do the same here

·
Banned
420 Posts
Wildcat atv park is a newer place with nice easy riding.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Let's do it. First let's pick the best month that works for most. Pick an organizer or two.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts