Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my r spec on the trails today had to power up a hill in some snow. When backing up it almost sounded like a pop followed by some grinding. Can't remember if it happened in forward. But when I took it out of diff lock and just in 4x4 it didn't happen again. Should I be worried or is this how these machines are? I came from a Polaris xp 800 ranger so not real familiar with the diff lock system. It was fully engaged but just hoping I didn't wreck anything. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going up a hill in heavy wet snow had to back up and give it the gas to get up it quite a few times.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I know it was fully engaged just sounded like something striping out when backing up I didn't know if i stripped something or what

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could have been bound up with snow wheels were packed but it sounded like gears stripping when I got on the gas. Took it out now and tried to replicate on a hill at home and no noises were heard.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
It was just the torque spike limiter slipping. Had that happen to mine when backing up pulling someone out of a mud hole before. Still fine just saves the diff and axles from snapping.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found the video on YouTube that is the same noise mine made. If you search 07 Yamaha rhino grinding noise this is the noise I heard today. Any help would be great thanks!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Cool. I had no idea that Yamaha built it with a torque spike limiter. Very nice, I have seen several rzr's pulling people out backwards and the front diff explodes.
It was just the torque spike limiter slipping. Had that happen to mine when backing up pulling someone out of a mud hole before. Still fine just saves the diff and axles from snapping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts