Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally did it, couldn't take the green anymore. Went to an auto body suply store and the guy gave me everything I needed to paint the plastics with automovie style satin paint. Used some plastic etching primer first then anot her primer then a top coat black (for plastics) then a satin clear coat with flex ajent in it ... took some time but it turned out fairly well

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Looks awesome!! I will be doing the same once the weather warms up a lil again except I want to preserve the camo for now so I will be using Plati-Dip. I know someone is going to dog on Plasti-Dip but if it is done right it will hold up to a lot and easy as can be to repair!

Reactions: EpicWolverine

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to do plastidip and know alot of guys who have and it has held up great and even better if you use the right plasti primer with it. I just went to the next level and I do belive I am going to do a plasti dip clear over it for a lil protection

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
That's probably not a bad idea at all.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
i did not remove all the plastics i just took out all fasteners and used drape tape to let me roll the edges ... i also taped of the seam in the radiator so under the hood is still green by the battery box ... i havent picked a colour to do the cage and bumpers yet either .... any input? JUST NEED SOME BLOODY DOORS

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I like safety orange to accent black.

Reactions: MORSNO and atkbike

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Looks good TRev! I think the clear will help your paint hold up better to brush scratches to.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First I had to clean it for hours before I painted it so it's used to being muddy and brown. Second no I didn't paint the bed just pealed the cheesy decals off that say 4x4 and hit it with some drying silicon detail spray ... A wearable clear coat none the less.. Lasts for about half dozen rides and washes

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks awesome!! I will be doing the same once the weather warms up a lil again except I want to preserve the camo for now so I will be using Plati-Dip. I know someone is going to dog on Plasti-Dip but if it is done right it will hold up to a lot and easy as can be to repair!
Only warning I have with using plasti dip on the camo is that the camo is a hydro dip and can be pulled off when removing plasti dip. Seen this happen on a brute force

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks mean, nice job!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts