Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the whole forum thing but not sure if you guys are having a hard time greasing your machine or not but I just picked a right angle coupler tip for my grease gun an made it crazy easy now hopefully that helps a few you out thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yeah, that's been a small nagging issue. The fittings are a pain to get to. I have a right angle tip but haven't tried it. Just been using a needle tip one.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
I used a right angle slide on, didn't work, the new fittings are so tight I couldn't force new grease in, it just leaked out from between the gun's fitting and the zerk. So I loaded the bed down with 300lbs of weight and used a straight fitting on the gun....

·
Registered
182 Posts
I used a right angle slide on, didn't work, the new fittings are so tight I couldn't force new grease in, it just leaked out from between the gun's fitting and the zerk. So I loaded the bed down with 300lbs of weight and used a straight fitting on the gun....
So is that the best way to do it then?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know if a 45 degree zerk fitting will work on the wolverine bc before I got the right angle fitting I was taking the wheel an knuckle of the machine an greasing it that way

·
Registered
347 Posts
Like Fordtruckman said, thats the best way I found, and you better hold your tongue just right to get it to work.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I have considered 45 degree fittings and i think they would fit, but I think they are metric. I know the zerks on my grizzly have metric threads

·
Registered
116 Posts
I greased the front drive shaft U-Joint from the right side of the air box intake tube. I removed the rear shocks and sway bar and moved the air arms full up to get a 90 degree grease fitting adaptor connected.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Ok, I tried 45* zerks tonight. The uppers work great KIMG0445.JPG

The lowers, not so much. I had to remove the lower knuckle bolts in order to remove the old ones and install the new ones. Once reassembled they hit the control arm
KIMG0443.JPG

Measured from the under side of the hex to the top they are .480"
KIMG0447.JPG

If you could find shorter ones they would work. I also tried 90* fittings but they are the same height. If you do buy some, don't get them from Advance auto, they're junk!

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I just ordered a set of these from eBay, at least I can reach them with the needle tip. I also ordered some stainless 45* zerks. they don't list a measurement the way I measured, but the overall length is shorter. they should be here Monday, I'll let you know if they work

$_35.jpg

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
5. 1 on the front driveshaft u-joint and 4 on the rear knuckles

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
2 on the drive shaft? My dealer told that there was only 1 on the front joint?

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I'll have to look for that one tonight, thanks

1 - 20 of 39 Posts