Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so what is everyone using for a GPS. The wife and I got lost bigger than shit yesterday? Is there a good I-phone app for off road?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I use google maps on my iphone.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Back country navigator is a great app.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Back Country is what a lot of people use, I haven't tried it. I have seen people use plain jane garmin Nuvi's, the kind you use in a car or truck, event though they are not water proof. They will mount them out of harms way, or just stick em in the glowe box until they need it. I started using a garmin etrex 20, but it is definitely awkward with such a small screen.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I use a Garmin Oregon, but the screen is small. He asked what app for his phone and BCN would be my choice there. I am watching flea markets and such for a used tablet so I can use BCN. You can get waterproof cases for nearly any gps or tablet

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Downloaded back country, now if I am smart enough to use it I'll be doing good! Lol Thanks a lot for everyone's input

·
Registered
242 Posts
Really take a look at Google maps the satellite feature is great for out in the woods as long as you have a signal. Most places I go there is no signal so the compass works also.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
You can buy the 7" kindle fire for 35 bucks on Amazon this weekend. Buy a 32 gig micro for another 15 and you got lots of memory.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use a garmen etrek , in a ram mount chipped with a topo chip unless I am in co . In CO I use a state specific chip with land owner info on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use ourxmaps apps for my Android phone or tablet it works perfect even when I have zero phone signal in a train tunnel. I download gps files to it. Never get lost again with this free app

1 - 15 of 15 Posts