Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still in the market for a gps. Really don't know what I want but I know what I would like. Want to be able to save waypoints and would like to be able to make a map of what I've rode and would like to be able to view terain or some type of imaging. Any input would be great

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I currently use a Garmin Oregon and it works great, but the screen is small. There are a ton of maps available for free at gpsfiledepot.com .
I just got a tablet that I plan to use for a gps because of the larger screen, but haven't figured it out yet

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I too, use the Garmin Oregon but also use an 8" Tablet. I've used a GPS for so long I'll probably never completely get away from it for recording tracks and creating new maps, but the Tablet is very nice for having a large screen and really will do about everything that you would want it to do in riding trails. They will save waypoints, record tracks, display a topo map etc. with maps stored in the cache memory.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
You can save maps for offline use on orux maps or backcountry navigator. The advantage is the screen size and clarity. If you're just using it to track your rides, the gps works great with Garmin basecamp. If you're wanting to follow someone else's tracks, then the larger screen is very nice

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
Hi all,
Here is what I did for a gps
Box is a block of nylon with threaded inserts machined on a Bridgeport
Last pic is the accsy plug in the cubby below so I didn't have cut the cord and wire direct. Wanted the option to pull and use in car if needed
Gps unit is a garmin nuvi lmt 2555 with a sd card from vvmapping for all the NE USA trails.

Cover is lexan

Reactions: Idrnkber
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.